Digging up Bones

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

BudKennedy

Digging up Bones

Post by BudKennedy »

I am getting a new ball as I stated in another post. It will be the first one in over 20 years but I do have a slight memory of my drilling spec from when I was in my early 20s. I seem to remember having my thumb hole with reverse pitch but I don't remember what it was. I further remember that I also had lateral pitch left but again I don't remember what it was, the lateral I am talking about is away from the palm pad area, I confess that I have no idea what is good for me and hopefully the PSO will help me through this selection process. I am wanting to get more feel in the fingers and I want the ball to come off my thumb without taking skin with it. So as you see I am a bit lost. What feedback can the group give me to try to understand the reasons and purpose of these pitch requirements. I am a right handed bowler in my senior years and am looking for a comfortable grip that does not make me feel like I am putting a choke hold on the ball. Some of the issue has been my timing and I am working on that and it is improving the feel in my fingers but the thumb still is a tad sore.