Request for your rating of - With Winning in Mind

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

The higher the number, the higher your opinion of this material

You may select 1 option

View results

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Request for your rating of - With Winning in Mind

Post by kajmk » July 24th, 2013, 11:36 pm

crashin12x
Just finished Reading With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham

In here he discussed his Mental Management program. The Mental programming and lots of stuff. The book is also well written in my opinion presented just like Mark's in Game Changer.
This is a prototype based on a members request via viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Search Key: 123xyz
Use the above search key to pull all polls used with this template.

If you've read, watched, or listened to, please take the time to rate it via the poll.

With Winning in Mind
Lanny Bassham (Author)

Book Description
Publication Date: September 3, 2012

Be wary of the people no one wants on their team, the ones who are too small, too slow and not very capable. The unwanted have a built-in motivation to do whatever it takes to succeed that those who are picked first do not have. This is a story of such a person and what he did to find his place at the top of the world in his sport. I'm that person and this book is an introduction to what I've learned. I believe there is a mental system that when used will speed up the process of getting to the winner's circle. I am well aware that there are many fine self-improvement books available. Psychologists, motivational speakers, religious leaders and business professionals write them. A competitor writes this one. The Mental Management(R) System is not based on psychology, instead it is 100% based on competition. I did my apprenticeship in the arena of Olympic pressure. My credibility is not based on the courses I took in college; it's in my gold medals and the medals of my students. It's not theory; it's simply what works. My goal in this book is to share with you the mental techniques that I have discovered and used to win.

The higher the number, the higher your opinion of this material.

Editorialize if you'd like to complement your rating

You may change your mind at a later date!

Currently 116 reviews on Amazon
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link has been added to the following area on the wiki
Instructional Material

Last Update 7/24/2013
The Bowling Educational Material listed below have been reviewed by forum members (with a few exceptions. If you have read or viewed these or any others, please add your reviews.
For additional reviews and opinions, try http://www.amazon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then search by name, then look for customer reviews. You may also find or stumble upon reviews on other forums via Internet Search Engines.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... l_Material" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John

guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Request for your rating of - With Winning in Mind

Post by guruU2 » July 25th, 2013, 3:49 am

ANTHING by Lanny Bassham is first-rate, WORLD CLASS, sterling, the gold standard....shall I go on. If you purchase any book or CD by him you have invested in material, once applied, will pay HUGE dividends. GET HIS WORK!

Go to http://www.mentalmanagement.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and get introduced to this world class instructor
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.

crashin12x
Positive Axis Point: 5" x 7/8"
Speed: 15.7 MPH Off Hand
Rev Rate: 250
Axis Tilt: 18
Axis Rotation: 65
Preferred Company: Hammer, Ebonite and MoRich

Post by crashin12x » July 30th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Last year I was advised my doctor to rest from bowling due to right knee patella problem. I got it back then when I was active playing other sports (tennis, badminton, volleyball, basket ball etc). Last march I was cleared once and I worked up my game to say not further aggrevate the knee. I know I did a good job in that department but seems my scores are not reflecting it 160-170ish. This got me thinking and started looking for books on Mental game. Found this book and since this book by Lanny has a kindle version, it really comes very handy. After digesting what I read, I began practicing my mental programming (haven't applied all of his stuff in the book yet but I thought of starting somewhere). New conference openend in my league 5 weeks ago, played the 2nd week with 202 average, Then on the 4th week another 201 average and currently on the 5th week, I have played a total of 13 games on that league and I am carrying a 195 average. A really big jump and slowly I am getting to where I am before. He helped a lot of athletes and he also speaks through his experience and what he has accomplished for his sport (Shooting). Truly this is a good investment!

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk » July 30th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Thanks for bring this book to the table and for your review.

Good luck with your health and your comeback.

The Mental game is probably the Great Divide between consistent winners and the rest of the pack.

Thanks again.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

There should be a rule of war saying you have to see someone up close and get to know 'em before it's ok to shoot 'em

Empathize

John