New video 2-5-2021

Have our certified coaches analyze your game!

Moderators: TonyPR, deanchamp, Moderators

Forum rules
In this forum you can post your YouTube videos for the coaches to review.
Users can only create new posts, only Certified Coaches can respond.
Make sure your questions are thorough, registered users can only create new topics and edit, not reply.
If you have a change in your game or would like to reply, you can edit your post then bump it using the BUMP link.
Bdgf99
THS Average: 217
Positive Axis Point: 5" over, 3/8" up
Speed: 15.5 at Camera
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Jackal Ghost, Mythic Jackal
Medium Oil Ball: Rogue Blade, Ripcord Flight
Light Oil Ball: Purple Tank
Preferred Company: Motiv

New video 2-5-2021

Post by Bdgf99 »

I have not posted in a while, and have had some changes to my game:

1. Lost 25 pounds as of this week
2. Due to arthritis developing in my hands, started using an adjustable wrist brace
3. Working towards JoPo interchangeable thumbs

Link to new practice video:

Comments: adjustment to the wrist brace has been up and down but had 714 this past week with it and developed a timing exercise that uses my breathing to time when I start my approach, hence the small "startup" I am doing right as I step forward each shot.

My main question is regarding my left foot during shot, I know Jim M has mentioned this in the past in my video submissions. Looking for general feedback/comments also. Thank you!
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: New video 2-5-2021

Post by kajmk »

Buff99 (Joe?)
I viewed your video via the link on you tube and noticed you have several older videos out there.
You might consider posting some for any coach that might want to contrast that with you now.
Also, if Jim gave you a lesson plan, include that link.
By the way congratulations on the weight loss, it is quite noticeable from the older videos.
As you know, Coachs like a total head to toe side and rear view.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching

As far as suggestions, although I noted some areas of possible concern, I will leave the suggestions to folks that actually instruct bowlers and have achieved results, such as Dean and Tony. Besides, you just rolled 714, a 238 clip, not too shabby.

If you care to share what you like and don't like about your game, that might help perspective coaches out.

Part of the art of coaching is knowing what to change and when if at all. The physical game could be likened to a math equation. In such an equation, two negative variables can cancel each other out. Sort of elements of a style.

Continued success.
Stay safe.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
deanchamp
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
THS Average: 220

Re: New video 2-5-2021

Post by deanchamp »

Hi, Ideally it would be good to see you head to toe from the beginning, and a side view, but see the attached PDF for some feedback.

Dean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
USBC Silver Level Coach
BCU Graduate - Mastery of Layouts
BTM contributor