Ebonite Ultra fit tool with 5/8 blade

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

jdrsuper
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Speed: 13 off hand
Rev Rate: 200
Axis Tilt: 24
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

Ebonite Ultra fit tool with 5/8 blade

Post by jdrsuper » June 25th, 2019, 12:43 am

Folks,
Looking into purchasing one to clean out and minamly enlarge some thumb holes. Has anybody ever used this tool and does it get the job done. Thanks in advance for your comments and advice. I never seem to get it right using sandpaper.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.

georgeh

Re: Ebonite Ultra fit tool with 5/8 blade

Post by georgeh » June 26th, 2019, 8:00 pm

It's good for minimal scrapping for slightly enlarging the hole where material needs to be removed. I used mine more for cleaning up sanding scratches. since I used a 5/8 sanding drum, both on a drill and on a screwdriver handle, while finish grooming the sides of my thumb holes. Trying to take too much material out of an insert (or ball) could gouge out a divot.

jdrsuper
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

Re: Ebonite Ultra fit tool with 5/8 blade

Post by jdrsuper » June 26th, 2019, 11:51 pm

georgeh wrote:It's good for minimal scrapping for slightly enlarging the hole where material needs to be removed. I used mine more for cleaning up sanding scratches. since I used a 5/8 sanding drum, both on a drill and on a screwdriver handle, while finish grooming the sides of my thumb holes. Trying to take too much material out of an insert (or ball) could gouge out a divot.
George,

Thanks for your reply and I ordered the tool and will heed your advice about trying not to take too much out. Hopefully it will work to clean and remove very little from the thumb hole.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.