Does anyone own or every thrown a Brunswick Rhino Pro LE?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

TheSpectre
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Does anyone own or every thrown a Brunswick Rhino Pro LE?

Post by TheSpectre »

I saw this ball on bowlingballvault.com and became intrigued by it, not just because it's an older ball, but because of the lack about it and the good reviews from the few that had one. It almost makes me want to try and hunt on down and buy one. But for now, can anyone shed some light on this ball? Thanks!

Also I'm new to the forums and semi-new to bowling (I've been bowling 4 months) I average 150, I own a Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro, Brunswick Vapor Zone, Brunswick Black Phantom, and a Brunswick Simpsons Viz-A-Ball.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Does anyone own or every thrown a Brunswick Rhino Pro LE

Post by MegaMav »

TheSpectre wrote:I saw this ball on bowlingballvault.com and became intrigued by it, not just because it's an older ball, but because of the lack about it and the good reviews from the few that had one. It almost makes me want to try and hunt on down and buy one. But for now, can anyone shed some light on this ball? Thanks!

Also I'm new to the forums and semi-new to bowling (I've been bowling 4 months) I average 150, I own a Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro, Brunswick Vapor Zone, Brunswick Black Phantom, and a Brunswick Simpsons Viz-A-Ball.
Even if you found it, im sure you would be disappointed in the performance compared to the current offerings.
It likely would hook similarly or less compared to your Gold Rhino Pro.
BobbyG

Re: Does anyone own or every thrown a Brunswick Rhino Pro LE?

Post by BobbyG »

Brunswick really bombed it when it came to the material used for this ball being so prone to cracking. I've owned three & they all cracked on me. First two was during freezing temperatures but the last one cracked just sitting in my ball bag in my living room @ 73 degrees one month after being drilled & only used for two league nights. It's a real shame, because this was a great ball w/ a powerful reaction; even for today's house conditions. It hooked a little more than the original gold. I will never buy another Rhino/Pro LE ever again.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Does anyone own or every thrown a Brunswick Rhino Pro LE?

Post by EricHartwell »

TheSpectre wrote: October 28th, 2015, 7:27 pm I saw this ball on bowlingballvault.com and became intrigued by it, not just because it's an older ball, but because of the lack about it and the good reviews from the few that had one. It almost makes me want to try and hunt on down and buy one. But for now, can anyone shed some light on this ball? Thanks!

Welcome to BowlingChat

You have a Very nice set of Vintage balls to break into this game we call Bowling.
I am almost jealous. I have owned 3 of your 4.
That was back in my 15 and 16 pound days. Today I need more performance in my lighter weight arsenal.

Have you figured out the dual angle layouts?
Do you know your release specs?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373

Check out the information we have here to learn more about your game and the equipment you are using.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... =Main_Page

If you pull the trigger on any more Vintage balls let us know and we can help you with layouts that will serve your game the best.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand