How get on your Amateur or Regional Staff?

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

spr3wr
Certified Coach
Certified Coach

How get on your Amateur or Regional Staff?

Post by spr3wr »

I know of a bowler who average 240 for 260 games last year. His name is Bryan Reagan (bowl.com ID 1039-20220). He is looking to to take his game to the next level by doing tournaments.He understands that bowling on PBA shots is the next level and highest level. He was wondering how get on your Amateur or Regional Staff?
None active - USBC Bronze level coach
Dick Ritger level 1 coach
2 300 games
1 800 series
High average 223
Coaching with pros in clinics since 2004
The Kid

Re: How get on your Amateur or Regional Staff?

Post by The Kid »

He's probably going to have to bowl in Amateur and PBA Regional tournaments with his own funds to establish himself as a sport shot bowler.

Even if he averaged 260 on a house shot, he could still only average 190 on some sport shots if he didn't know how to play OR leaves too much room for error.

There's no quick route to sponsorship.
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Post by JMerrell »

Path to free equipment:
Bowl in every regional in your area - be rookie of the year. Or make match play alot.
Participate in high level tournaments on real lane conditions. You don't have to win them all but you must bowl well enough to give yourself an opportunity to win.
Have a good friend that just happens to be a ball rep.
House averages mean absolutely nothing, sorry but that's the real world.
For every Amateur or Regional contract given out there are 1000 guys looking, and they all kill house shots. The primary difference between house shots and real shots is accuracy.
Take a trip and get a CATS analysis, that will reveal accuracy or lack of. Believe me the best in the world can repeatedly hit 3 boards down lane - without lane help.
Even the number of ball contracts on tour are way down; some companies have even cut staff members. PERFORMANCE COUNTS, nothing else matters.

I gave my video analysis on this person's game, and what I saw was not tour caliber at this point.

Just my opinion,
Jim
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

JMerrell wrote:Path to free equipment:
Bowl in every regional in your area - be rookie of the year. Or make match play alot.
Participate in high level tournaments on real lane conditions. You don't have to win them all but you must bowl well enough to give yourself an opportunity to win.
Have a good friend that just happens to be a ball rep.
House averages mean absolutely nothing, sorry but that's the real world.
For every Amateur or Regional contract given out there are 1000 guys looking, and they all kill house shots. The primary difference between house shots and real shots is accuracy.
Take a trip and get a CATS analysis, that will reveal accuracy or lack of. Believe me the best in the world can repeatedly hit 3 boards down lane - without lane help.
Even the number of ball contracts on tour are way down; some companies have even cut staff members. PERFORMANCE COUNTS, nothing else matters.

I gave my video analysis on this person's game, and what I saw was not tour caliber at this point.

Just my opinion,
Jim
AMEN! In this economy, staff positions are very difficult to come by.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)