Urethane balls

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

lkdelta
THS Average: 218
Speed: 15 ish
Axis Tilt: 20*
Axis Rotation: 10*
Heavy Oil Ball: teal rhino, c300 quake
Medium Oil Ball: natural or burgandy hammer
Light Oil Ball: ebonite turbo urethane, Amf bobcat
Preferred Company: hamr,c300,ebon.. not LN 1

Re: Urethane balls

Post by lkdelta »

It looks like the amf angle is just a remanufacture of the old angle in 82?... what new urethane now can made to long like a yellow dot but still hit stronger than the polyesters?
no matter what I ask, the worst that can happen is "sorry, can't help", so I ask away...as always THANKS for your time!
charlest

Post by charlest »

lkdelta wrote:It looks like the amf angle is just a remanufacture of the old angle in 82?... what new urethane now can made to long like a yellow dot but still hit stronger than the polyesters?
For me the best one with length is the Desperado. It is a pearl urethane PLUS it has silicone added for more length PLUS it has a an asymmetric core for more backend.

It is more expensive, but if you need/want a urethane, this is the ball for light to medium-light oil.
Right handed
Speed: 13.5 -14.5 at pin deck
Rev Rate: 275 - 350
Axis rotation: 45*
Axis tilt: 17*
PAP: 5" x 0"
lkdelta
THS Average: 218
Speed: 15 ish
Axis Tilt: 20*
Axis Rotation: 10*
Heavy Oil Ball: teal rhino, c300 quake
Medium Oil Ball: natural or burgandy hammer
Light Oil Ball: ebonite turbo urethane, Amf bobcat
Preferred Company: hamr,c300,ebon.. not LN 1

Post by lkdelta »

does Morich have urethane for sale or a urethane "in the works"?
no matter what I ask, the worst that can happen is "sorry, can't help", so I ask away...as always THANKS for your time!
river700
Preferred Company: storm

Post by river700 »

I know before the storm natural came out that I basically didn't see any urethane balls being used be the bowlers I normally see at the bowling alley here. However, since the storm natural came out, I do see a few of those here but not by the younger group like my age group, btw I'm 24.

In fact, I have an older storm blue flame urethane that I bring with me every time I bowl. I usually start off and throw a few shots with this ball to get warmed up but also to get an idea of how much oil is out there. But, there have been two times recently that I used the flame urethane like for at least 2 games because it the house shot was broken down pretty good, but it worked though, throwing 35 with left foot out to about 9 or so and coming back nice.
cgeorg
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 1/2

Post by cgeorg »

AMF also has a newer Urethane ball (Hype maybe?) that has a stronger core than the Natural - where the natural is more of a dry lanes ball, the AMF is more for medium conditions. Several balls in the Motiv lineup seem to give a urethane-type look as well.
CMGBB - Bowling tips
BowlSK - Bowling score keeper and stats tracker
My BowlSK

That my boy... that's pro quality.