Simple question about no thumb starting finger pitches

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Simple question about no thumb starting finger pitches

Post by TonyPR »

I know Mo recommends MF 1/4" Forward, RF 3/8" Reverse and 7/16" both laterals for right handed two hander no thumb bowlers' starting pitches... There's a difference of 5/8" between the 2 fingers. This makes the MF dominant and is supposed to help with the typical high track/low tilt/tracking over MF of two handed no thumb bowlers... Would MF 1/4" Reverse, RF 7/8" Reverse, laterals 7/16" both work more or less the same? Why or why not?
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Simple question about no thumb starting finger pitches

Post by Mo Pinel »

TonyPR wrote:I know Mo recommends MF 1/4" Forward, RF 3/8" Reverse and 7/16" both laterals for right handed two hander no thumb bowlers' starting pitches... There's a difference of 5/8" between the 2 fingers. This makes the MF dominant and is supposed to help with the typical high track/low tilt/tracking over MF of two handed no thumb bowlers... Would MF 1/4" Reverse, RF 7/8" Reverse, laterals 7/16" both work more or less the same? Why or why not?
It'll work, but will be harder to hold on to. We always want help reduce grip pressure.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
Qman
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/8 1/2 up
Rev Rate: 280
Axis Tilt: 23
Axis Rotation: 20
Heavy Oil Ball: Roto Grip Sinister
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Solid
Light Oil Ball: Rack Attack Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical/Storm/Roto Grip

Post by Qman »

Mo Pinel wrote:
It'll work, but will be harder to hold on to. We always want help reduce grip pressure.
Performance fit by the Rocket Scientist! I expect a commission from here on out young man! :lol:
Adapt or perish!

PAP 4 1/8, 1/2 up
Axis Rotation 20
Axis Tilt 23
Rev rate 280
Speed Dominate / Rev Challenged
14-16mph at monitor
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Thank you Mo. I know I have been back and forth between different fits trying to find the best one and I really appreciate the time Mo, Eric and all of the people here have spent helping me.

After a 20 year break, being almost two years back in bowling and trying almost everything the best results I have seen in my strike ball have been with the 2 handed no thumb technique and have finally decided to stick with that. Will still shoot my spares one handed straight with a plastic ball until I get my two handed speed from what it is now (14 mph monitor) to at least 16 mph monitor and then I will decide if I will also shoot my spares two handed although I enjoy throwing it fast at the 6-10 one handed (last night in league clocked a 10 pin at 19.8 mph monitor speed). Speed helps with converting splits...

Anyway, 1 last question:
Does the 7/16" both laterals apply to both with inserts and without?
Currently use Fake Vaccu with the 31/32 - 1 1/32 holes , 1/4" bridge and was planning to try without inserts. Without inserts bridge would also be 1/4", MF 45/64" hole, RF (between 21/32" and 41/64").
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent