Section on lane play

You can post any forum related suggestions or feedback here.

Moderator: Moderators

coolerman

Section on lane play

Post by coolerman »

Suggestion: Have a section on all the different patterns and how to play them,and what equipment,drillings and surfaces are needed.
SomNerve

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."
~ Nikola Tesla~
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Section on lane play

Post by MegaMav »

coolerman wrote:Suggestion: Have a section on all the different patterns and how to play them,and what equipment,drillings and surfaces are needed.
I think the possible combinations are endless, and dependent on the lane surfaces, lane machine, oil, and the bowler.

I recommend contributing situational information to the wiki's pattern library for this.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... rn_Library" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

What you are describing seems like more of a factual base than a discussion base.
Other members are welcomed to chime in on this.

After I retire the Benefit Program forum, I may consider an "Environment" forum, this seems like it would fit.
Lets see how the community responds to the idea.
halfaloaf
THS Average: 230
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 1/2^
Speed: 16.5
Preferred Company: columbia/storm

Post by halfaloaf »

the subtract 31 method seems to be a good starting point for lane play.... just a thought
steelerfanatic
Heavy Oil Ball: Sync
Medium Oil Ball: Marvel Pearl
Light Oil Ball: Super Natural
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by steelerfanatic »

MegaMav wrote: I think the possible combinations are endless, and dependent on the lane surfaces, lane machine, oil, and the bowler.

I recommend contributing situational information to the wiki's pattern library for this.
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... rn_Library" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

What you are describing seems like more of a factual base than a discussion base.
Other members are welcomed to chime in on this.

After I retire the Benefit Program forum, I may consider an "Environment" forum, this seems like it would fit.
Lets see how the community responds to the idea.
I think I agree with you. Lane play has too many variables to have a lively discussion. Sure we could limit it to "Freshly oiled patterns at the NBS" but that wouldn't lead to consistent discussions.

Humidity, time of day, lane maintenance schedule, how your favorite baseball team played the night before, all comes in to play when talking about how to play on a particular condition.

Just look at the requirements of what is needed to just simply layout a ball-drill design. :D
Speed 16.5-17 monitor
Rev Rate: 320-350
Axis Rotation: Mid - 30-45
Axis Tilt: Low - <10
PAP: 5 1/4" -> 1/8" ^

Arsenal:
Yeti Unleashed 75x4x25
Nano 60x5.25x40
Yeti 65 x 4.5 55
Frantic 60 x 5.5 x 50
UpRoar 60 x 5 x 45
Scream 65 x 5.5 x 40