banned from bowlersdeal.com for telling the truth

Any website events or announcements will be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

Xanthri
Preferred Company: JET

banned from bowlersdeal.com for telling the truth

Post by Xanthri »

facebook contest for 3 DV8 balls. My real entry has more votes than the #2 guy so I figure I am ok. Teammate tells me I tried to vote for you but I couldn't see your entry.

I contact bowlersdeals and they say no problem your entry is fine. So facebook contest ends.

Contest is announced and a guy who wore his uniform with the caption I am an American Airman and I bowl with DV8 is announced the winner.

Complaints start, including the number 3 guy who says this guy jumped up 300 votes in a day, he has no posts on facebook or anywhere else for people to know where to vote. I personally saw his posts on several vote exchange and buy votes sites.....not to mention a hacker buddy contacts me telling me the guy bought 200 votes from him and he agreed to do it, before he saw I had an entry (please no jokes about my shady friends, most of them happen to be computer whizzes and they always network to help me out when needed)

This is pointed out to bowlersdeals by someone else (as of course it would be self serving for me to point these things out.) Their reply was we will make the contest better in the future....

So i did point out privately that I had more votes and my entry was not counted....their response, maybe you will win next time, Dave.

So I go on and simply state the facts, I had an entry that I was told would count, they did not and despite having more votes the other guy was announced the winner despite his unethical picture in violation of uniform codes.

I get the typical sore loser comments and then a guy jumps in about how this Airman fights for our country and I should shut up because he deserves it.

I stated OMG XXXXX I have spent 21 years in the Navy, a majority overseas, I have simply stated the facts and pointed out that despite all the lemmings it is clear that he didn't win or deserve to win since he violated his military duties....

All of my comments were deleted and I am banned from commenting on Bowlersdeals....... Needless to say I wanted to everyone know how they dealt with me telling the truth without personal attacks.

Needless to say, they won't ever get a penny of my money. I personally think they could have handled themselves more appropriately instead they censor and ignore the truth and leave all the lemmings who are slamming other people saying the guy clearly cheated (eventhough I never posted that insider information I have!)

Way to go Bowler's deals......big FAILURE.....and I will at least tell all the people I know. Thought at least the good folks on Bowlingchat.net ought to know the truth.....feel free to drop them a line......but just know they will ban you anyway......I will just continue using their Address when I spread the word.....this is one I may enlist my "shady" friends on.......but not sure I want to owe that favor.

I am more upset about the fact they allowed this guy to ignore military law and use his uniform for personal gain......than anything.
Gizmo823

Re: banned from bowlersdeal.com for telling the truth

Post by Gizmo823 »

Completely understand, makes perfect sense, and I agree with you.
rrb6699
THS Average: 235
Sport Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 4 ovr, 1 up
Speed: 12-18.5 mph at pin deck
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 15
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: 15#-Incognito, Obsession Sld, Altered Reality, Astrophyx Prl
Medium Oil Ball: 16# Quantum Violet, Honey Badger Rev, Venom Shock
Light Oil Ball: 15#: StarTrak Ureth -Sky Blue
Preferred Company: Radical, Storm/Roto, Brunswk

Post by rrb6699 »

just another example of someone using a uniform, not just a miitary uniform as an excuse for personal gain. people in uniforms are no different than anyone else. just because someone has a uniform it does not give them a free pass to walk all over people because they "serve".

there are good and bad people in uniforms. sorry, but, some are not worthy of the uniform. ever since 9/11 happened the good people who wear uniforms have deservedly been, and continue, to be recognized for their service. However, there are far too many taking too much liberty in the name of the uniform and it needs to stop so that the rest of us "ordinary" folk have some equality.

RR
Tweenr-RH
300-(15) 290-(37) 280-(31)
Ser-1075-4gm, 867-3gm
speed dominant
Tilt: low°, Ax Rot: ~....°, PAP: 3 7/8 over- 1/2 up; Speed: 17.5mph Avg downlane
Several Wins/Top 5 Finishes-scr/hdcp tournaments.
Havok061187
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 over 3/4 up
Speed: 18 mph off hand
Rev Rate: 275
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 65
Preferred Company: Storm, Radical

Post by Havok061187 »

Xanthri wrote:Way to go Bowler's deals......big FAILURE.....and I will at least tell all the people I know. Thought at least the good folks on Bowlingchat.net ought to know the truth.....feel free to drop them a line......but just know they will ban you anyway......I will just continue using their Address when I spread the word.....this is one I may enlist my "shady" friends on.......but not sure I want to owe that favor.
Online witch hunting is not one of my favorites. I understand the situation but let me give you one simple advice. Leave it behind.
right-handed
PAP: 4 1/2 over 3/4 up
18mph off hand
275 rpm
12* tilt
65* rotation