fitting question: linear pitch and finger flexibility

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
Athery
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/2 x 7/8
Speed: 16
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 70

fitting question: linear pitch and finger flexibility

Post by Athery »

Hi Mo and friends,
To start, I am very excited when I found this site, so much good and updated info here. The best part is when people are willing to help and share their knowledge to others.

Ok, when fitting the span and pitches (especially the finger part) does the linear pitches of the fingers vary according to its flexibility?

My friend BASE span is 4 1/16". His thumb linear pitch is at 1/8 reverse (lateral 1/8" also) and according to the MoRich fitting chart it would be 1/8 forward for the fingers. His middle finger flexibility is at 70*and ring finger flexibility is only at 45*. So, at 70* we use the actual measured span, and 45* we would cut 1/16" from the span. What about the linear pitches? Would it be affected, for example, in reverse and by how much, 1/8 or 1/4? Is there a chart or guide for this? The one I found in the fitting guide only state the base linear Thumb and finger pitch. Also, if the finger is put at reverse, does the span increase or decrease?

Thanks.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: fitting question: linear pitch and finger flexibility

Post by Mo Pinel »

Athery wrote:Hi Mo and friends,
To start, I am very excited when I found this site, so much good and updated info here. The best part is when people are willing to help and share their knowledge to others.

Ok, when fitting the span and pitches (especially the finger part) does the linear pitches of the fingers vary according to its flexibility?

My friend BASE span is 4 1/16". His thumb linear pitch is at 1/8 reverse (lateral 1/8" also) and according to the MoRich fitting chart it would be 1/8 forward for the fingers. His middle finger flexibility is at 70*and ring finger flexibility is only at 45*. So, at 70* we use the actual measured span, and 45* we would cut 1/16" from the span. What about the linear pitches? Would it be affected, for example, in reverse and by how much, 1/8 or 1/4? Is there a chart or guide for this? The one I found in the fitting guide only state the base linear Thumb and finger pitch. Also, if the finger is put at reverse, does the span increase or decrease?

Thanks.
Please refer to the fitting instructions on the Wiki. We suggest adjusting the span for flexibility instead of pitch to start with, so follow the instructions. THEY ARE COMPLETE! Changing pitches alter releases. It's best to do it with the spans, then performance fit, if necessary.

Can a moderator move this thread to Mo and Friends/General Discussion, please.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
iheres
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by iheres »

Moe, in relation to this article,,, what is recommended for senior bowler with a span 4 1/2 on both fingers, 3 inch thumb, 90 degree flex, fingers very little flex can not bend at the joints,,

rgs,

Ike
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Post by Mo Pinel »

iheres wrote:Moe, in relation to this article,,, what is recommended for senior bowler with a span 4 1/2 on both fingers, 3 inch thumb, 90 degree flex, fingers very little flex can not bend at the joints,,

rgs,

Ike
Adjusting for stiff fingers can almost always be handled with span adjustments by bending the second knuckle, which is part of the finger. It's in the fitting instructions in the Wiki. Sometimes pitch adjustments are made for extremely stiff fingers. The rule of thumb is - if your finger nail presses against the back of the finger hole when the thumb is ALL the way in the thumb hole (pressing down on the back of the thumb) on either finger, shorten the span 'til it doesn't press on the back of the hole. Do each finger independently.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)