Custom Bowling Shoes

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

NPMystikal24
THS Average: 230
Heavy Oil Ball: Hell Raiser Revenge
Medium Oil Ball: Too Reckless
Light Oil Ball: Misfit
Preferred Company: DV8

Custom Bowling Shoes

Post by NPMystikal24 »

Just wondering if anyone wears custom bowling shoes? If so, could you provide pictures? It would be nice to have something other than the generic Dexter's...

Thanks.
TH58PZ700U
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 194
Positive Axis Point: 5" Right, 1/2" Up
Speed: 17.25 mph (avg off hand)
Rev Rate: 340
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Taboo
Medium Oil Ball: Arson
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer (2001)
Preferred Company: Hammer

Re: Custom Bowling Shoes

Post by TH58PZ700U »

Dexters custom shoes are very expensive in the $1000 range, other customs would probably need to be custom made, DIY.
USBC Certified Bronze Coach

PAP: 5" Right, 1/2" Up
Speed: 17.25 (avg off hand)
Rev: 300-360 rpm (340 avg)
Axis Tilt: 15-25*
Axis Rotation: 30-70*

High Game: 286
High Series: 693
NPMystikal24
THS Average: 230
Heavy Oil Ball: Hell Raiser Revenge
Medium Oil Ball: Too Reckless
Light Oil Ball: Misfit
Preferred Company: DV8

Post by NPMystikal24 »

TH58PZ700U wrote:Dexters custom shoes are very expensive in the $1000 range, other customs would probably need to be custom made, DIY.
Thats what I was referring to...DIY's bowling shoes. Just wondering if anyone has taken an ordinary shoe and made it a bowling shoe. Thanks.
TH58PZ700U
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 194
Positive Axis Point: 5" Right, 1/2" Up
Speed: 17.25 mph (avg off hand)
Rev Rate: 340
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50
Heavy Oil Ball: Taboo
Medium Oil Ball: Arson
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer (2001)
Preferred Company: Hammer

Post by TH58PZ700U »

NPMystikal24 wrote: Thats what I was referring to...DIY's bowling shoes. Just wondering if anyone has taken an ordinary shoe and made it a bowling shoe. Thanks.
Bowled a collegiate tournament with a guy who took some nike skateboarding shoes, shave off the bottom of the left sole, and installed interchangeables. Looked silly when I first saw him bowling but it looked comfortable and was definitely unique. I think the biggest concern I'd have doing that is getting a non-marking sole so I don't mark the approach on the pivot step. Additionally, I'm curious how the sliding dynamics change when you reduce the surface area. I know skateboarding shoes are large and flat-bottomed like bowling shoes, but I'd be inclined to use something like a New Balance Minimus with its narrow, foot-shaped profile. Less surface area, less slide? A few interesting questions I think an industry professional from dexter or etonic could share with us.
USBC Certified Bronze Coach

PAP: 5" Right, 1/2" Up
Speed: 17.25 (avg off hand)
Rev: 300-360 rpm (340 avg)
Axis Tilt: 15-25*
Axis Rotation: 30-70*

High Game: 286
High Series: 693
Knestrikes

Post by Knestrikes »

Just had Billy Hall out at the tourney this past week....He had a pair of Rockports customized with the slide shoe slightly cut down to add the velcro system on them similar to what the Etonics look like. Took a few dexter soles and chopped them up to what he needed to use and now has a very nice pair of "custom" shoes that cost less than a hundy.

Any cobbler can do this for you. Just need to tell them what you're looking to do and go from there.

Seen someone awhile ago do it to a pair of fifteen hundred dollar Italian loafers. A wee bit over the top for me, but he was stylin'. :shock: