Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

How to drill up a C-System 3.5

Post by J_w73 »

I'm picking up a C-System 3.5. Would you recommend a modified double thumb layout with the pin 4 1/2 -5 " to the PAP and cg so that the ball is legal but I have the option of the weigthole if I feel I need it? Looking for something to use on fresh oil .. I like to stay away from the outside dry wall and play more in the oil.
Replacing my No Mercy Whup'n that has a 5" pin to pap with a 55 deg mb. Not sure on the VAL angle but the pin is in my ring finger.

Let me know what you think..
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: How to drill up a C-System 3.5

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote:I'm picking up a C-System 3.5. Would you recommend a modified double thumb layout with the pin 4 1/2 -5 " to the PAP and cg so that the ball is legal but I have the option of the weigthole if I feel I need it? Looking for something to use on fresh oil .. I like to stay away from the outside dry wall and play more in the oil.
Replacing my No Mercy Whup'n that has a 5" pin to pap with a 55 deg mb. Not sure on the VAL angle but the pin is in my ring finger.

Let me know what you think..

As always, I need your delivery specs. to make a good recommendation. Accurate documentation and all that stuff.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up

Post by J_w73 »

Mo Pinel wrote:
As always, I need your delivery specs. to make a good recommendation. Accurate documentation and all that stuff.
Let me know if you need more info.. My RPMs might be a little more.. I was clocked at 475 with the Ebonite coaching software when I took a lesson but there isn't any way I am that high..atleast I don't think...

18 -19 mph (16 - 17 mph on Qubica) ,350 rpm,PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8up, 15 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
HighGame 300 x 4, High Series 808
Book Average 205,PBA Xperience 185
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote: Let me know if you need more info.. My RPMs might be a little more.. I was clocked at 475 with the Ebonite coaching software when I took a lesson but there isn't any way I am that high..atleast I don't think...

18 -19 mph (16 - 17 mph on Qubica) ,350 rpm,PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8up, 15 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
HighGame 300 x 4, High Series 808
Book Average 205,PBA Xperience 185
Try a "Double Thumb" angle set up with a 4 3/4" pin to PAP distance. The balance hole options become endless. It's, then, up to how good your decisions are.
J_w73

Post by J_w73 »

Mo Pinel wrote:
Try a "Double Thumb" angle set up with a 4 3/4" pin to PAP distance. The balance hole options become endless. It's, then, up to how good your decisions are.
thank you.. I have been liking the idea of setting the ball up like this so that if I like it I can just leave it.. but then like you said ,have the option of changing the reaction a number of ways with a weight hole.

Also, just wondering if you can't see signatures when you look at the messages.?. From some of your other replies I'm thinking you get your messages in another format that doesn't show the signatures..

Just asking so I can be sure to include my stats in future posts that might need them..
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote: thank you.. I have been liking the idea of setting the ball up like this so that if I like it I can just leave it.. but then like you said ,have the option of changing the reaction a number of ways with a weight hole.

Also, just wondering if you can't see signatures when you look at the messages.?. From some of your other replies I'm thinking you get your messages in another format that doesn't show the signatures..

Just asking so I can be sure to include my stats in future posts that might need them..
I definitely look at signatures, but don't retain specs since I work with a GAZILLION of them regularly. Don't think you understand how many people I'm in discussions with.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're NOT at the top of the list.
J_w73

Post by J_w73 »

Mo Pinel wrote: I definitely look at signatures, but don't retain specs since I work with a GAZILLION of them regularly. Don't think you understand how many people I'm in discussions with.

My specs were at the bottom of my initial post but you still asked for my specs.... that is why I asked..
Book Average 210+
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

I didn't see them either until you re-entered everything.
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

Mo Pinel wrote: I definitely look at signatures, but don't retain specs since I work with a GAZILLION of them regularly. Don't think you understand how many people I'm in discussions with.

"J_w73" said:
My specs were at the bottom of my initial post but you still asked for my specs.... that is why I asked..

Mo replied:
My bad! Shows you how many of these I handle. Will try to be more observant in the future.
J_w73

Post by J_w73 »

elgavachon wrote:I didn't see them either until you re-entered everything.
hmmm.. ok.. I get it now.. must have been a glitch somewhere...
no worries... thanks for the info..
Book Average 210+
J_w73

Post by J_w73 »

I drilled the ball up like planned.. All I can say is this ball loves friction. Any sight of it and the ball just moves left. I haven't really had a chance to use the ball that much but if anything I think I will need to smooth out the reaction as it seems pretty jumpy and a little over under.. I like a ball to be angular and move but not read every spot of friction as it goes down the lane. I literally saw the ball move 3 times as it went down the lane..

I'm thinking I might need to go duller to smooth out the reaction but not knowing much about this CFT cover I am not sure what the best move would be.
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote:I drilled the ball up like planned.. All I can say is this ball loves friction. Any sight of it and the ball just moves left. I haven't really had a chance to use the ball that much but if anything I think I will need to smooth out the reaction as it seems pretty jumpy and a little over under.. I like a ball to be angular and move but not read every spot of friction as it goes down the lane. I literally saw the ball move 3 times as it went down the lane..

I'm thinking I might need to go duller to smooth out the reaction but not knowing much about this CFT cover I am not sure what the best move would be.
There are two options.

1) Reduce the surface in stages so that the ball does not see early friction and only sees the later friction.

2) Once you find the surface you want to use, a P! hole will smooth out the reaction if it doesn't have a balance hole, yet
J_w73

Post by J_w73 »

No balance hole yet... I think it is just finding the right condition..
Last night the lanes were pretty wet and not moving from the outside like they normally do..
There wasn't the usual wet and dry.. I can usually use my creature s40 up the outside and the ball bangs the pocket.. last night that ball was hitting the 3 6...

so I pulled out the C system..

There was no over exaggerated jump from the C system.. just a strong move to the pocket. I haven't really used it that much

Like I said I think the ball might work on the right conditions but can you explain about reducing the surface in stages? Are you saying to go to a slightly higher grit.
Book Average 210+
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Post by Mo Pinel »

J_w73 wrote:No balance hole yet... I think it is just finding the right condition..
Last night the lanes were pretty wet and not moving from the outside like they normally do..
There wasn't the usual wet and dry.. I can usually use my creature s40 up the outside and the ball bangs the pocket.. last night that ball was hitting the 3 6...

so I pulled out the C system..

There was no over exaggerated jump from the C system.. just a strong move to the pocket. I haven't really used it that much

Like I said I think the ball might work on the right conditions but can you explain about reducing the surface in stages? Are you saying to go to a slightly higher grit.

YES!!!!