Hole 2" down the VAL vs P3/P4

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
TOP5
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 x .5 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Raptor Tallon
Medium Oil Ball: Thrash
Light Oil Ball: QZ2 Backdraft
Preferred Company: motiv

Hole 2" down the VAL vs P3/P4

Post by TOP5 »

I know the hole 2" down the VAL is used to move the PSA but what does it do to core dynamics compared to P3/P4. according to this chart from storm it increases differential. http://www.stormbowling.com/drill-specs ... Stikes.pdf Has someone created a chart that shows the differences between (2" down the val) and P3/P4?
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: Hole 2" down the VAL vs P3/P4

Post by Mo Pinel »

TOP5 wrote:I know the hole 2" down the VAL is used to move the PSA but what does it do to core dynamics compared to P3/P4. according to this chart from storm it increases differential. http://www.stormbowling.com/drill-specs ... Stikes.pdf Has someone created a chart that shows the differences between (2" down the val) and P3/P4?
Very similar to P3, but will move the PSA a lot, which strengthens the effect of the balance hole and lessens the drilling angle. It's the only way to get true small drilling angles with a symmetrical ball. MathIsTruth will tell you he's seen PSAs move as much as 5" using this system.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
MathIsTruth
Industry Professional
Industry Professional
Preferred Company: MoRich/Radical

Post by MathIsTruth »

Mo Pinel wrote: Very similar to P3, but will move the PSA a lot, which strengthens the effect of the balance hole and lessens the drilling angle. It's the only way to get true small drilling angles with a symmetrical ball. MathIsTruth will tell you he's seen PSAs move as much as 5" using this system.
I have indeed... In the virtual world of drilling it takes more time to work with symmetricals because you must find the High RG before determining mass properties. deTerminators are special in the real world!!
TOP5
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 x .5 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 350
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Raptor Tallon
Medium Oil Ball: Thrash
Light Oil Ball: QZ2 Backdraft
Preferred Company: motiv

Post by TOP5 »

thanks guys. I didn't expect a response so soon that's awesome. I agree that makes dealing with symmetrical balls easier to work with. I have a hard time finding a proshop with a determinator near me unfortunately. I would love to experiment with one someday
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Post by scotts33 »

Good information Steve and Mo. Thanks!