Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation

Post by MattInTheHat »

Axis Tilt - Axis Rotation Video Tutorial Wiki Page

Sorry for the delay, it took a little longer to create this than I expected. I actually had it finished a couple days ago but decided to re-shoot the video as I wasn't as level as I could have been and it was throwing off the axis tilt measurements.

I went ahead and included information on calculating revs in the video since that is a pretty common thing people want, even though I see that the wiki already discusses calculating revs (I used a slightly different method). Let me know if you guys think I should separate that part of the video and put it into it's own wiki page, or remove it completely, or leave it like it is. Also let me know if anything isn't clear enough or if I've made any mistakes.

Can the video be embedded into the wiki page? Or would that use too much bandwidth? Is there a better way to post a video in the wiki?

I've also updated the overlay image again to make it easier to use, it's not as pretty to look at by itself but once it is over the ball it's easier to see than it was before. If anyone thinks it needs further refinement let me know.

Thanks.
Last edited by MattInTheHat on March 21st, 2010, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kellytehuna
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 3.75", 1" up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Morich DestroyR
Medium Oil Ball: Morich Perpetual Motion
Light Oil Ball: Morich Mojave
Preferred Company: Morich

Re: Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation

Post by kellytehuna »

MattInTheHat wrote:Wiki entry -- http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... ilt%26Revs

Sorry for the delay, it took a little longer to create this than I expected. I actually had it finished a couple days ago but decided to re-shoot the video as I wasn't as level as I could have been and it was throwing off the axis tilt measurements.

I went ahead and included information on calculating revs in the video since that is a pretty common thing people want, even though I see that the wiki already discusses calculating revs (I used a slightly different method). Let me know if you guys think I should separate that part of the video and put it into it's own wiki page, or remove it completely, or leave it like it is. Also let me know if anything isn't clear enough or if I've made any mistakes.

Can the video be embedded into the wiki page? Or would that use too much bandwidth? Is there a better way to post a video in the wiki?

I've also updated the overlay image again to make it easier to use, it's not as pretty to look at by itself but once it is over the ball it's easier to see than it was before. If anyone thinks it needs further refinement let me know.

Thanks.
Dude, that's fricken AWESOME! Well done man. Now, I just need to get my hands on a decent camera and we're in business :)
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Tutorial - Calculating Revs, Axis Tilt, & Axis Rotation

Post by MegaMav »

MattInTheHat wrote:Can the video be embedded into the wiki page? Or would that use too much bandwidth? Is there a better way to post a video in the wiki?
Yes you can, I coded that functionality a couple of months ago.
There is a button on the editor's bar for youtube.

Here is the code:

Code: Select all

{{#ev:youtube|YouTubeID|SIZE}}
Dont edit "#ev:youtube""
YouTubeID in this case is yFAKC09cd0E
A good size is probably 500 pixels, but its flexible to whatever size you want.

So, you'd end up with:

Code: Select all

{{#ev:youtube|yFAKC09cd0E|500}}
Give it a shot, thanks for contributing.