coaching question revisited

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

RedRiverCoach
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 over 3/8 up
Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Prodigy
Medium Oil Ball: awesome finish
Light Oil Ball: Reign
Preferred Company: Morich

coaching question revisited

Post by RedRiverCoach »

The pro-shop guys and I finally talked and I would like to apologize to them here,I didn't see things from their perspective.I was working on equipment on the lanes so they didn't have to be involved in what I was doing,I never thought how it may look to others.People could take it that I believed they were incompetent and nothing is further from the truth.
As I have stated before they are a great couple of guys who have always supported the youth and our association and it was never my intention to give this impression.
I stated in my original post everyone I had drilled for had increased average by 15 pins,this was a poor choice of words,should have said the youth I have drilled for are bowling 15 pins over average,weeks later is this still true:No-we all do better when we have confidence. some are bowling well some.....
Things got got of hand with the he said she said b.s. I have high hopes now that we can work together and learn from each other.
Laugh,Love, Live life's to short to hold grudges

In the bag
Storm Prodigy
Morich Awesome Finish
Storm Reign
Hammer Jigsaw
Columbia White dot
Mo Pinel
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace
Preferred Company: MoRich, & now RADICAL BT

Re: coaching question revisited

Post by Mo Pinel »

RedRiverCoach wrote:The pro-shop guys and I finally talked and I would like to apologize to them here,I didn't see things from their perspective.I was working on equipment on the lanes so they didn't have to be involved in what I was doing,I never thought how it may look to others.People could take it that I believed they were incompetent and nothing is further from the truth.
As I have stated before they are a great couple of guys who have always supported the youth and our association and it was never my intention to give this impression.
I stated in my original post everyone I had drilled for had increased average by 15 pins,this was a poor choice of words,should have said the youth I have drilled for are bowling 15 pins over average,weeks later is this still true:No-we all do better when we have confidence. some are bowling well some.....
Things got got of hand with the he said she said b.s. I have high hopes now that we can work together and learn from each other.
Accurate self-evaluation is a very good experience and can be very humbling. Knowing what I do about you from this site leads me to believe your passion for what you do over-rode other considerations creating the situation you are discussing. Don't beat yourself up too badly, being human gets in our way sometimes. I am probably more guilty than you about these issues. I can sympathize. Keep doing what you think is right. All will work out in the long run.
Rest In Peace (1942-2021)
MattInTheHat
THS Average: 201
Positive Axis Point: 4 9/16 -> 15/16 ^
Speed: 17-17.5 off hand
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: TR2
Medium Oil Ball: QZ1 / TX1
Light Oil Ball: RX1
Preferred Company: Motiv

Post by MattInTheHat »

I"m glad to hear you were able to have a good discussion with them and get things worked out, and thanks for keeping us up to date (I'd actually been wondering about it). As Mo said don't be too hard on yourself, I tend to get overly critical of myself in such situations and it just makes it that much harder to get past, and can make future interactions with the others involved continue to feel uncomfortable when it doesn't need to be. Easier said then done, I know...
RedRiverCoach
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 over 3/8 up
Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Prodigy
Medium Oil Ball: awesome finish
Light Oil Ball: Reign
Preferred Company: Morich

Post by RedRiverCoach »

They are going to help me with the youth and I'm going to teach what I know about the dual angle drilling,gradient line technique and dual thumb,while I'm teaching what I know I believe with 3 minds together we can work out the holes in my knowledge.
I'm not beating myself up to bad,I like helping others and sometimes I don't think about how this effects those around me.Honestly I wish my own kids believed in living by your word and your morals half as much as I do,I can only hope the way I live will come back to them as they get older.I think the most important thing we can all do is admit when we're wrong,but never back down if we truely believe we are right.
I was right for what I was doing but completely wrong in the way I went about it!
Laugh,Love, Live life's to short to hold grudges

In the bag
Storm Prodigy
Morich Awesome Finish
Storm Reign
Hammer Jigsaw
Columbia White dot