right hand and left hand ball specs?

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie101

right hand and left hand ball specs?

Post by newbie101 »

Is there such a specs that it is for right hand or left hand bowler?

I just bought a Morich mania 2.3/4 pin to cg. the cg is at the right side of the pin and mb. the MB is in direct line with the pin... trying to have a layout for right hand bowler 50 x 4 x 30, pin above my ring finger. my driller seems to have a hard time with it. btw, he is a very newbie driller.

Can someone please help if there is such a bowl for right hand and left hand...if so will the Pin/cg/mb posiiton be possible for the layout I wanted?

Thanks.
kellytehuna
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 3.75", 1" up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Morich DestroyR
Medium Oil Ball: Morich Perpetual Motion
Light Oil Ball: Morich Mojave
Preferred Company: Morich

Re: right hand and left hand ball specs?

Post by kellytehuna »

newbie101 wrote:Is there such a specs that it is for right hand or left hand bowler?

I just bought a Morich mania 2.3/4 pin to cg. the cg is at the right side of the pin and the MB is in direct line with the pin, shown below... trying to have a layout for right hand bowler 50 x 4 x 30, pin above my ring finger. my driller seems to have a hard time with it. btw, he is a very newbie driller.

pin

cg

mb
Can someone please help if there is such a bowl for right hand and left hand...if so will the Pin/cg/mb posiiton be possible for the layout I wanted?

Thanks.
AHA! It wasn't until I pressed the quote button that it became obvious that the CG was out of line with the Pin-to-spin line (Line drawn from the Pin to the PSA/MB. BTW, we prefer the use PSA over MB here).

Okay, the layout you're trying to put on the ball will put the CG WAY to the right and well above you mid line. You have a fairly short pin also, which means you will likely end up with quite a bit of finger weight. I would say your ball driller is thinking he might have problems getting the ball legal. You may want to chose a layout that has a larger VAL angle.

How far out of line is the CG from the pin-to-spin line?

I would imagine if you drill the fingers to China, you can drill out the finger weight, but side weight could be an issue. I would say P2 hole might help with that, but I'm speculating a little. Hopefully, someone with a little more experience with this stuff can give you a more definitive answer.
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

Thanks Kellytehuna!

the cg is way out to the right. the distance to the right is about 2 3/4".

tks again.
steve s
Preferred Company: none

Post by steve s »

I don't recall the mention of top weight in the ball ... If it is 2 -2 1/2 you have a far better chance than one with over 3 ....Lay the ball out and weigh it up and see how much weight you are really dealing with ...the side weight will be the issue in my opinion...I believe there is a weight removal chart on the WIKI to give your ball driller an idea of the hole size needed to get the weight legal.... If you can't get the CG low enough you will be limited on weight hole placement.....Steve S
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Was the ball a second? -- JohnP
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

my driller emailed me some layout:
he said that cg is 3-7/8" from the center of the pin and 2-1/8" right from the draw line.
I bought the ball online on sale, but they never mention the ball being a second.

tks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve s

Post by steve s »

I like the third layout ....If it fits your needs the weight probably will not be an issue..What is the top weight in the ball ? Steve S
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

If it were a second it would be marked on the ball. I know Mo now has a spec on max distance the cg can be from the pin-psa line, and I'm pretty sure it's less than what you have. But I don't know when the spec was introduced or when your ball was made. -- JohnP
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

steve s wrote:I like the third layout ....If it fits your needs the weight probably will not be an issue..What is the top weight in the ball ? Steve S
Hi Steve s,

I am still waiting for my driller to reply regarding the top weight. but I can recall it seems like the box did say 2.6 top weight.

You said you like the no. 3 layout, can you pls. tell me if it will be ok to drill out the mb, coz it's where the thumb is, and I wanted it for oily lane condition.

Thanks for all your input.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by JohnP »

The mb marker is just that - a marker. It's fine to drill it out, in fact a hole at that location increases the strength of the layout. -- JohnP
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

The actual top weight is 2.06.

thanks to all you guy's response..i think I will go with the layout no. 1 as my driller's suggestion for oily lane condition.
steve s

Post by steve s »

newbie101 wrote:The actual top weight is 2.06.

thanks to all you guy's response..i think I will go with the layout no. 1 as my driller's suggestion for oily lane condition.

With that low of top weight you can probably use any of the layouts with out a problem ....Good luck with it..The mainia I drilled with a double thumb layout read the friction hard and had a really nice arc to the pocket...remember that surface needs to match the condition you are bowling on ...don't be afraid to put the paper or pads to the ball....Please give us a follow up on the results ..Thanks ,Steve S
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

steve s wrote:
With that low of top weight you can probably use any of the layouts with out a problem ....Good luck with it..The mainia I drilled with a double thumb layout read the friction hard and had a really nice arc to the pocket...remember that surface needs to match the condition you are bowling on ...don't be afraid to put the paper or pads to the ball....Please give us a follow up on the results ..Thanks ,Steve S
Thanks Steve S, I hope I picked the right layout to match the oily condition I will be bowling on..otherwise, I could just change the surface.
Will try to report my result.

Thanks again.
steve s

Post by steve s »

Sounds like a winner ...Please let us know the results......Start light and work your way to more surface if needed...Steve S
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

Just want to update my result on the Mania I got.

I practiced it on a synthetic house shot, kept the ball out of the box condition...Hmmm..it just burn up when it get to the pocket..hit like a dud...Anyway, last monday night, tried it on a viper pattern, kept the same box condition...Wow, the ball seem to come alive...standing at 13th board throwing around 11th board...I have low rev, low speed..but the ball just hit hard...scored 220-165-246. 2nd game..the line I was using seem to hook a bit more..with my stubborn nature...did not move but tried some speed and hand release adjustment which did not work..3rd game moved to 15th board, throwing around 15th at the arrow with a little swing got me a better reaction.

Now, I seem to be interested in getting some more morich ball..just do not know which should I get to build around it? and should I drill them the same as my mania?

Thank you all for the help.
RedRiverCoach
THS Average: 185
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4 over 3/8 up
Speed: 17.5
Rev Rate: 325
Heavy Oil Ball: Prodigy
Medium Oil Ball: awesome finish
Light Oil Ball: Reign

Post by RedRiverCoach »

Newbie,I remember Mo saying that his blems are marked on the box not the ball.online sales are great but I myself have purchased a new ball online only to receive a blem that was not advertised as such, look for honest dealers that will advertise a blem for what it is(small pits,color differences etc.)otherwise pay a few bucks more and go to a known online distributor or pro-shop
Laugh,Love, Live life's to short to hold grudges

In the bag
Storm Prodigy
Morich Awesome Finish
Storm Reign
Hammer Jigsaw
Columbia White dot
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

RedRiverCoach wrote:Newbie,I remember Mo saying that his blems are marked on the box not the ball.online sales are great but I myself have purchased a new ball online only to receive a blem that was not advertised as such, look for honest dealers that will advertise a blem for what it is(small pits,color differences etc.)otherwise pay a few bucks more and go to a known online distributor or pro-shop
Can you please tell me if the box would actually say blemish? I am checking the box right now..I do not see anything that say blemish or any kind of wording to be a second. I bought my ball at bowlingball.com. I thought they are reputable online store.
My driller actually told me that the pin, cg and mb position is for a lefty.
Thanks.
kellytehuna
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 3.75", 1" up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 480
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 40
Heavy Oil Ball: Morich DestroyR
Medium Oil Ball: Morich Perpetual Motion
Light Oil Ball: Morich Mojave

Post by kellytehuna »

Probably would have been a little easier to drill that ball for a lefty, just because the CG would have ended somewhere near the center of grip, but that's it. Depending on the intended weight hole location, you'd still have to jump through a few hoops.
Father, Husband, Bowler, Web developer

15lb Morich DestroyR, Mania, Perpetual Motion, Craze, Frenzy, Mojave
15lb Radical Yeti
15lb Brunswick Slingshot, Avalanche Urethane

Highest score: 279
Highest series: 818
newbie101

Post by newbie101 »

kellytehuna wrote:Probably would have been a little easier to drill that ball for a lefty, just because the CG would have ended somewhere near the center of grip, but that's it. Depending on the intended weight hole location, you'd still have to jump through a few hoops.
Thanks Kellytehuna, that's exactly my driller was trying to tell me.
steve s

Post by steve s »

newbie101 wrote:Just want to update my result on the Mania I got.
Now, I seem to be interested in getting some more morich ball..just do not know which should I get to build around it? and should I drill them the same as my mania?
Thank you all for the help.

I think you would like the Rip R as a complement to the Mania ... It will go longer than the Mania I believe ... Steve S