Positive Axis Point: 5 over 1 1/16 up
Speed: 17 mph at the line
Rev Rate: 270
Axis Tilt: 7
Axis Rotation: 80
Preferred Company: storm/roto....motiv

Layouts for Transition

Post by jobowl »

I have a lot of balls that have layouts that Eric Hartwell suggested....Benchmark....Long and Strong.....Control...and Midlane....I really like these layouts especially the Benchmark and the Control layouts....My question is when I get to fist and second transition these layouts aren't as good sometimes the long and Strong is OK but not always....My PSO has suggested layouts with longer pins such as 4 1/2 inch pin on Symetrical balls and 4 3/4 to 5 1/4 inch on Asymmetric balls...I have an Infinite Physix that was given to me....it is plugged....if I leave the layout the same it will come out to 53 × 4 3/4 × 42...also there is a Wolverine that if I leave the layout will be 65 x 4 5/8× 41...what do you guys think
ball speed 17.5
rev rate 270
axis tilt 7 degrees
axis rotation 80 degrees
pap 5 over 1 1/16 up
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Layouts for Transition

Post by EricHartwell »

jobowl wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:21 pm I have a lot of balls that have layouts that Eric Hartwell suggested....Benchmark....Long and Strong.....Control...and Midlane....I really like these layouts especially the Benchmark and the Control layouts....My question is when I get to fist and second transition these layouts aren't as good sometimes the long and Strong is OK but not always....My PSO has suggested layouts with longer pins such as 4 1/2 inch pin on Symetrical balls and 4 3/4 to 5 1/4 inch on Asymmetric balls...I have an Infinite Physix that was given to me....it is plugged....if I leave the layout the same it will come out to 53 × 4 3/4 × 42...also there is a Wolverine that if I leave the layout will be 65 x 4 5/8× 41...what do you guys think
You took me down memory lane.
Went back and started reading posts from 2015.

I somewhat agree with your PSO recommending longer Pin to PAPs for filling in the basic arsenal.
I would actually recommend even longer Pin to PAP for Symmetricals, up to 5".
I would not go over 5 " for Asymmetricals.

With that said, the Balls you have acquired Wolverine (Symmetrical High Differential) and the Physics (Strong Asym)
with the existing layouts look pretty good.

Physics .......... 53-4 3/4-42 .. 95* Totals ..... 1.26:1 Ratio Pin above the Bridge
A strong Control layout with a more forward rolling Pin to PAP.
When the lanes are just giving you too much backend, too much continuation, over hooking

Wolverine .......... 80-4 5/8-41 .............. Symmetrical reduced flare Control layout ... Pin above the Bridge
Drill the Ring finger to 4" deep to reduce the flare a little bit more.
For higher friction conditions shiny surface, Dull surface for fresh, wet/dry type conditions
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand