Vise IT — Have found no one else w this issue

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

deadshot

Vise IT — Have found no one else w this issue

Post by deadshot »

Okay so on my Storm Pitch Black (Urethane) I had a Vise IT installed, as I do with all my equipment, and I had a clear Vise IT insert, I had never installed the safety Molly (the screw in piece in the bottom hole on the insert) on an insert before, but I did on this one, I rotated it in and it was sticking so I beveled the hole in the ball and it slipped right in and rotated and clipped to perfection, then a couple times later putting the insert in, it was slow to rotate so I figured there was resin in the grooves but it was okay for the moment, I’ll clean it after the game, well I had to turn it pretty hard and it clipped In finally, and when I went to rotate and take it out, it just continuously rotated left, then I went the other way, same thing, it seems like the Bally is probably broken away from the ball, but still connected to the expander so it won’t come out. I can’t get it out and I’ve been throwing it for months just fine, but I’d like to get the insert out.

Please help I dot know what to do. I will take it to my pro shop but I’d rather fix it myself than go down and pay someone way too much money if I could’ve fixed it myself. Thanks in advance!
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Re: Vise IT — Have found no one else w this issue

Post by TomaHawk »

Replacing the Ball-It could possibly be done by a DIYer. But, to be honest, it is not the easiest task even when the proper tools are available.