Drilling Advice

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

IndyHiGhBaLL
Preferred Company: Hammer

Drilling Advice

Post by IndyHiGhBaLL »

Hi All,

First post, thanks in advance for the help. I have a Hammer Statement and I cannot seem to control it. Its so aggressive on the back end and if I don't throw it very hard or loft it I can't keep it from coming over the head pin. The amount of splits I've had is insane. I'm thinking of having it re-drilled and I was looking for advice on how to drill it to take some of that backend out (if possible). I'm a lefty so looking at the picture I was wondering how I could redrill it or where to place the pin to calm this dude down. :P :shock:

Pic attached. Needs buffed, just bowled league last night.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Drilling Advice

Post by kajmk »

The Ball Talk section might be helpful.
I'm not current on equipment as I've been inactive for quite a while.

Include information about the other balls in your arsenal and whatever you know about your bowling metrics such as: Speed and how measured (off the hand, down lane), axis tilt, axis rotation).

This is general info from BTM ...
Note, it's the free info, so it does not get into metrics.
https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/?s=Statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bowler's Journal Annual Ball (by year) reviews, includes 2019

https://www.bowlersjournal.com/annual-b ... s-archive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry I can not offer expertise, just perhaps a better choice for the response you seek.

Take care.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Post by snick »

Post your complete specs (axis tilt, rotation, ball speed, rev rate, span, PAP) so one of the layout experts here can assist you meaningfully.
BTW< the CG location (circled in your picture) is irrelevant to ball motion. You can safely ignore it.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Post by krava »

you might have picked the wrong ball. That is one of the strongest balls around. I don't use any balls that are made for heavy oil as they are too strong. But the information given is way to vague.
boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Post by boomer »

IndyHiGhBaLL wrote:Hi All,

First post, thanks in advance for the help. I have a Hammer Statement and I cannot seem to control it. Its so aggressive on the back end and if I don't throw it very hard or loft it I can't keep it from coming over the head pin. The amount of splits I've had is insane. I'm thinking of having it re-drilled and I was looking for advice on how to drill it to take some of that backend out (if possible). I'm a lefty so looking at the picture I was wondering how I could redrill it or where to place the pin to calm this dude down. :P :shock:

Pic attached. Needs buffed, just bowled league last night.

Thanks
First - yeah, this is one of Hammer's most aggressive balls, period. ME? I wouldn't have that, ever, unless I played on heavy sport conditions.

Second - if that's one week with league, then you should have plenty of room for polish. I would polish the bloody heck out of the ball - like up to 4000, then polish. Get it to read late. It's still going to be aggressive as all . . . whatever . . . but at least you might get some length on it, and KEEP it polished.

Third - drilling affects the shape of the hook, while cover affects the amount of hook (really general rule of thumb) so look at that.