2 handed bowler layout advice

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

jwhite0003051
Preferred Company: Any

2 handed bowler layout advice

Post by jwhite0003051 »

Pretty new to bowling. Use two handed style due to injury to my hand and is less painful. I have very low speed 11 to 12 mph. My revs over power my speed so hard to keep ball.on lane. I am currently using a storm fever pitch and hammer widow spare. Both 12 pounds. Am looking at motive balls the thrill or hydra and am wondering what a good layout would be for most length and somewhat angar backend. My fever pitch I go prob from 15 board out to the 4 board and it seems has an angular move to the pocket . I am looking for something g non urathane. So a good layout might help dont really ha e any specs on pap or anything. any help would be much appreciated. Also lanes I bowel on are very old wood
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: 2 handed bowler layout advice

Post by 44boyd »

Stacy
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Re: 2 handed bowler layout advice

Post by TonyPR »

I have plenty of experience coaching two handers and am a two hander myself. For now, forget about building an arsenal. You will need two balls, a highly polished plastic and something very weak like a Brunswick Twist. For layouts you will be using a 2” pin to PAP and a 45* VAL angle.

We need to develop ball speed, otherwise bowling will not be much fun, at least 14mph monitor speed. We also need to control axis rotation, since your ball speed is so low, anything above 30* axis rotation will be too violent on the back end.

Post videos (side and back) in the certified coaching section and I will help you. Make sure you follow the guidelines for posting videos.

The most important thing is to never give up.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent