Resurface suggestions for Hammer Statement Pearl

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

specktator
Preferred Company: Storm

Resurface suggestions for Hammer Statement Pearl

Post by specktator »

I am a stroker with a pin down Statement Pearl. I am trying to replicate as close as possible to the factory finish. Need ideas to try. I could use a more aggressive finish.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Resurface suggestions for Hammer Statement Pearl

Post by 44boyd »

Bring a 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 pad with you. What are you wanting it to do? Read earlier? Try the 1000 or 2000. Read later, 4000. You’ll never replicate factory, but you can adjust to get desired reaction.
Stacy
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: Resurface suggestions for Hammer Statement Pearl

Post by EricHartwell »

specktator wrote:I am a stroker with a pin down Statement Pearl. I am trying to replicate as close as possible to the factory finish. Need ideas to try. I could use a more aggressive finish.
Forever the search for that factory surface.

44boyd is correct, you're never going to be able to actually replicate the factory surface. You can get it similar and it will take regular maintenance to keep it like new.
Do you have use of a ball spinner?
Without one you will have a hard time even getting close.

From Hammers description...
"Aggression Pearl CFI is the most responsive coverstock Hammer currently offers. Combined with a 500/1000 polished finish, you can expect good length through the front of the lane with an incredibly aggressive backend motion from the Statement Pearl."

First off it is today's version of a particle ball. (CFI)Carbon fiber infused coverstock.
I suggest using Scotchbrite pads. There are several different grits available. I found the Green Scotchbrite you can get from most grocery stores works out to about 800 grit, a surface I liked on my old Big Blue Particle Hammer. Once you get the underlying surface grit use a polish to make it shine like new.

Don't forget to de-oil the ball to help get that like new reaction back.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand