Need information for new generation of bowling

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

Kiani
Preferred Company: 900Global

Need information for new generation of bowling

Post by Kiani »

Dear Coaches

Kindly note that because of the current situation in my country (Iran) we are unable to keep up with the world regarding coaching and even the hardware of the bowling (like lanes and pins and oil pattern) but non the less we are still fighting to keep this sport alive, therefore it would be highly appreciated if you would help or even direct me in a right direction for the following topics:

1- We are planning for our young generation therefore it would be highly appreciated if you would tell from the start like what kind of campaign is required? (we are planning for the summer camps) the age range?

2- are we looking for a specific body and physical shape in order to pick our young generation or are we looking for the ones that can perform constantly and work on them?

3- The beginning lessons which drills are we to start first ?

4- Do you have a progress sheet ?(I have one that is made in excel) but none the less looking for more and complete Ideas.

5- what would you all be looking for in a young generation that would high light them as the great potential in this sport?

Please feel free to add to this as you feel fit as your help in this matter is HIGHLY appreciated.

I thank you in advance for your kind attention and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
H.A.Kiani
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Need information for new generation of bowling

Post by kajmk »

Kiani, my compliments on your fluency in the English language. I admire people who can communicate in more than their mother tongue.

This reply will be a work in progress.
It is beyond my ability to give you the answers you seek. I will offer some opinions and resources you may already aware of, be that as it may, please accept them in the spirit they are given. Note well that I am not an active coach, thus I have no templates.

Hopefully you will receive the help you seek.
What resources, have you viewed, read, listened too?
What is your outline, e.g. analogous to a table of contents?

Do not neglect the mental or psychological aspects of sports, for that do not limit your scope to bowling.
Also consider physical fitness and conditioning.
Use video recording to analyze and to share with your athletes and to archive to chart progress or the converse if that be the case.

My first instinct is to refer you to the ETBF and I have several reasons for that and I strongly recommend you reach out to that organization.
My rationale follows -
It is my opinion, that their program is top notch.
If you watch the ETBF video on this forums wiki, they explain the genesis and birth of their organization and the magnitude of their task.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... hing_Video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are comprised of many member nations, in my opinion a strength.
http://etbf.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding body types, one of Bowling's appeals is that there is no ideal or model type, one has only to look at professional bowler's, tall, short, thin, heavy, lithe, muscular, old, young female, male. Many examples on youtube.

As with many things, different things appeal to different people. We all have our own internal motivation.

Well, what's above is my first rough draft.
I wish you success.
Be well!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Kiani
Preferred Company: 900Global

Re: Need information for new generation of bowling

Post by Kiani »

kajmk wrote:Kiani, my compliments on your fluency in the English language. I admire people who can communicate in more than their mother tongue.

This reply will be a work in progress.
It is beyond my ability to give you the answers you seek. I will offer some opinions and resources you may already aware of, be that as it may, please accept them in the spirit they are given. Note well that I am not an active coach, thus I have no templates.

Hopefully you will receive the help you seek.
What resources, have you viewed, read, listened too?
What is your outline, e.g. analogous to a table of contents?

Do not neglect the mental or psychological aspects of sports, for that do not limit your scope to bowling.
Also consider physical fitness and conditioning.
Use video recording to analyze and to share with your athletes and to archive to chart progress or the converse if that be the case.

My first instinct is to refer you to the ETBF and I have several reasons for that and I strongly recommend you reach out to that organization.
My rationale follows -
It is my opinion, that their program is top notch.
If you watch the ETBF video on this forums wiki, they explain the genesis and birth of their organization and the magnitude of their task.

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... hing_Video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are comprised of many member nations, in my opinion a strength.
http://etbf.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regarding body types, one of Bowling's appeals is that there is no ideal or model type, one has only to look at professional bowler's, tall, short, thin, heavy, lithe, muscular, old, young female, male. Many examples on youtube.

As with many things, different things appeal to different people. We all have our own internal motivation.

Well, what's above is my first rough draft.
I wish you success.
Be well!

Dear Kajmk

I thank you for the reply, a short introduction on myself is that I grew up in the USA (Virginia, Fairfax county), I grew up with bowling as my father was a professional bowling player (3rd in the world) after he passed away with his reputation a much heavier burden on me I came back to Iran and found out that once the pinnacle of Asian bowling was now in disarray, I started gathering knowledge for a day to come helped out few of our "Bowlers" here and their, then the Iranian bowling federation contacted me in order for me to help out.
The only solution at hand right now is to start from scratch, from the new and young generation, needless to say that with the political and economical crises our hands are tied we hardly have any budget the government does not really care about bowling and the list goes on.
But non the less we are (a small group) trying to keep this sport from dieing out.

did not want to sound so dramatic but I thought that this small information (in a nut shell) might shed some light on why I am so desperate for help from all sources possible.

I had a great experience here in this forum (special thanks to JMerrell) and sorry for the long reply.

At this moment I am reading the 150 pages of "Bowler'sEd Teachers curriculum Guide" which is giving me a perspective of what the priorities of teachings are for the youth.

Also I am looking for a check list like Rubrics to keep the analysis of the youth and their progress up to date and points that needs to be achieved before going to the next level.

I thank you for your kind attention and looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards
H.A.Kiani