Bowling and Digital Marketing

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

purduepaul
THS Average: 215
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 over by 5/8" up
Speed: 19
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 65
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling

Bowling and Digital Marketing

Post by purduepaul »

Back in the day bowling was more mainstream in its appeal to the general public through television ads and less options on tv. In today’s digital world, I think the number one way to appeal to more people is through digital media. I personally believe in order to see an uptick in bowling participation, more top end bowlers have to do more social media. My three favorite bowlers to follow on social media are Jason Belmonte, Jason Sterner, and Daria Pajak.

Who are some of your favorite bowlers to follow and who do you wish would step up their game on digital media platforms?
Paul Ridenour
former Sr Research Engineer at USBC
Radical Bowling Technologies Staffer
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Bowling and Digital Marketing

Post by 44boyd »

The best to follow is Shannon Okeefe. She does tips and is very active and not just pushing a product. Honestly it’s on parents/families to get the kids into bowling. Every activity for kids these days seems to cost an arm and a leg to participate in. I believe as more colleges offer scholarships for bowling, it can be used as an end goal for parents to justify spending the money on that activity.
Stacy
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Great observation and commentary. Wholeheartedly agree!
Would like to see more encouragement and enlightenment from local centers and facets of the industry, local PSO's.

So much potential limited only by imagination.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
purduepaul

Post by purduepaul »

kajmk wrote:Great observation and commentary. Wholeheartedly agree!
Would like to see more encouragement and enlightenment from local centers and facets of the industry, local PSO's.

So much potential limited only by imagination.
That’s my whole point there is so much potential there, I’m surprised some of the fringe pba bowlers don’t do more with it.
Paul Ridenour
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

44boyd wrote:The best to follow is Shannon Okeefe. She does tips and is very active and not just pushing a product. Honestly it’s on parents/families to get the kids into bowling. Every activity for kids these days seems to cost an arm and a leg to participate in. I believe as more colleges offer scholarships for bowling, it can be used as an end goal for parents to justify spending the money on that activity.
I've seen some of Shannon's videos, mostly in conjunction with USBC.
My guess is that she has a passion for teaching and sharing. I think Don Johnson was that way. I get those vibes from Bill Hall, be it just from reading, ditto Ron Hoppe.
Same goes for Ron Clifton whom I've met and observed. I got strong vibes from Ron. Ditto Michelle Mullen (met and got some coaching from her many moons ago).
It's not a job or task, its a lifestyle. Again just my opinion.
The pros that do participate can serve as a vanguard and provide examples and leadership to others that might just need some encouragement.
These players could possibly open up symbiotic relationships with centers, PSO's and such.
Cohesion needs to be developed between the facets of the sport.

Shooting from the lip -
Part of the equation is what motivates an individual.
For example, what motivates Jim to care enough to freely help those asking for help.
It's certainly not money. He's a born teacher, but being so takes far more than knowledge, its in part the joy of giving, helping, nurturing.
In all your years of education, you probably encountered "difference makers".
They'd have been teachers no matter what part of the earth they trod, from humble village to metropolis.
This sport needs more educators and skilled instructors, master's to apprentices to help grow the sport.

John
guruU2
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by guruU2 »

kajmk wrote:It's not a job or task, its a lifestyle. Again just my opinion.
The pros that do participate can serve as a vanguard and provide examples and leadership to others that might just need some encouragement.
These players could possibly open up symbiotic relationships with centers, PSO's and such.
Cohesion needs to be developed between the facets of the sport.
Been preaching this for years. Just think if "leadership", especially PBA leadership, had some visionary leaders or listen to those who have the vision. What a wonderful world this would be!
-Gary Parsons
If one does not know one's product, one can not manage nor promote the product one does not know.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

guruU2 wrote:
Been preaching this for years. Just think if "leadership", especially PBA leadership, had some visionary leaders or listen to those who have the vision. What a wonderful world this would be!
Reading some comments on recent threads, league bowling is becoming an inconvenience to some centers. A combination of too many customers and dying interest?

John
scotts33
Positive Axis Point: 4 7/8" > 3/8" up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 325
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 60
Heavy Oil Ball: Motiv T10 LE 60* 4" 60* no hole symm. OOB pin down

Post by scotts33 »

purduepaul wrote:
That’s my whole point there is so much potential there, I’m surprised some of the fringe pba bowlers don’t do more with it.
Brad Miller and Kyle Sherman young PBA Tour are doing a YouTube channel. This seems the future.

Recent Podcast with Josh Blanchard on Brad and Kyle YT channel.

[youtube][/youtube]
purduepaul

Post by purduepaul »

scotts33 wrote:
Brad Miller and Kyle Sherman young PBA Tour are doing a YouTube channel. This seems the future.

Recent Podcast with Josh Blanchard on Brad and Kyle YT channel.

[youtube][/youtube]
Another great example, 17K followers on YouTube. All through pretty organic marketing efforts.
Paul Ridenour