HELP!

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
SpyderVolt

HELP!

Post by SpyderVolt »

Good morning, new member here. I have been bowling for close to 30 years but my best days are currently far behind me. My best game ever was a 231 that I threw at least 25 years ago and I've never been able to reach that point again. Just recently I decided to get a new ball, a Quantum Bias, in the hopes of jumpstarting my skills. My first ball was an Ebonite Urethane Gyro which I intend to use as a spare ball.

However, I'm really not sure what type of bowler I am, or if I'm doing anything wrong, which makes me wonder if the ball was even the problem. I've never had any formal training, which may also be part of my problem. I lack consistency in my throws and in duplicating placement on the lane.

I'm open to any suggestions. I really think that I need for someone to watch me from behind so they can tell me what they observe in my approach.

Anyone in the Salt Lake City area willing to meet up for some technical observation, please let me know.
Glenn

Re: HELP!

Post by Glenn »

SpyderVolt,

Checking the USBC Coaching site shows one Gold coach, and two Silver coaches in the Salt Lake area. I have no idea what they charge for their services, or their reputations.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: HELP!

Post by EricHartwell »

SpyderVolt wrote:Good morning, new member here. I have been bowling for close to 30 years but my best days are currently far behind me. My best game ever was a 231 that I threw at least 25 years ago and I've never been able to reach that point again. Just recently I decided to get a new ball, a Quantum Bias, in the hopes of jumpstarting my skills. My first ball was an Ebonite Urethane Gyro which I intend to use as a spare ball.

However, I'm really not sure what type of bowler I am, or if I'm doing anything wrong, which makes me wonder if the ball was even the problem. I've never had any formal training, which may also be part of my problem. I lack consistency in my throws and in duplicating placement on the lane.

I'm open to any suggestions. I really think that I need for someone to watch me from behind so they can tell me what they observe in my approach.

Anyone in the Salt Lake City area willing to meet up for some technical observation, please let me know.
Welcome to BowlingChat

We have a coaching section where only the Certified Coaches can help via video analysis.

Video analysis requirements...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Certified Coaching section...
viewforum.php?f=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand