Brad and Kyle's knowing if you throw too hard youtube video

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Brad and Kyle's knowing if you throw too hard youtube video

Post by krava »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the link

Most of the videos I watch I learn things from but I have to disagree with that video.
he says that people can throw the ball 1 MPH if they want to. Also it is said that it should be done effortlessly.

I don't see how this is possible. Even if you slow everything down in your approach as much as possible, if you bowl correctly, your suppose to let the ball drop, once the ball drops, gravity takes over. The only way that I could throw the ball 1 mph is to fight the ball as much as possible. I would have to not let the ball drop at all and slowly let my right hand lower the ball so there wouldn't be any kind of backswing at all and then barely let the ball go at the foul line. I believe you can probably change ball speed +2 or +3 mph in either direction but not that dramatic and still have the ball drop like it is suppose to.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Brad and Kyle's knowing if you throw too hard youtube vi

Post by 44boyd »

You’ve missed the entire message of the whole video.
Stacy
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: Brad and Kyle's knowing if you throw too hard youtube vi

Post by kajmk »

krava,

One of the methods Don Johnson used to teach was "over exaggeration", sort of applying extremes or as I call them "terrible toos".
This helps your mind to body connection, "what does X feel like, what does Y feel like".
That is perform an act that is towards the opposite what you desire then backing off and dialing in so to speak. Eric loaded the Johnson instructional tapes to the wiki.
I'd recommend viewing both.

Here is a graduated method used by Greg Helms, he starts at the opposite of the goal.

Here are some words of wisdom by forum member Greg Helms
Greg's Bowling Chat ID is FitDocSr

Quote:
Put a piece of white tape on your PAP. When you can at least make it face the left gutter (straight ball) you are behind it at release. Don't try to hook it (or dont try to turn your hand). Once you have that under control, then you can start adding turn with the hand.
I teach that you cant hook it properly until you can roll it straight properly. Also helps on spares.

One of my coaches helped some bowler's learn to throw it straight, by trying a backup ball first then dialing in from there.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John