thumbless bowler ideas

Which layout is right for me?

Moderator: Moderators

spencer6392
Preferred Company: brunswick

Re: thumbless bowler ideas

Post by spencer6392 »

plugging and redrilling for me is only 10 dollars a ball for me anf im not reinventing anything i personaly dont like am idea of low flare on the kinetic im not a fan of low flare perioid so then thats why i asked what i asked and noone buys brunswick i asked 120 for everything i had and noone wanted it. . im also giving info as i learn it
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Post by 44boyd »

Once again it’s an arsenal, not a bunch of balls that are for the same conditions. If that’s your price then follow Eric’s guide and you’ll have all bases covered.
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

there not all for the same comditions ? a method is my benchmark its a drier benchmark i woukd use my tanacity or soon to be vapor sone all 3 of those are for medium to heavy oil then the kinetic would be my ball down from those which is medium to dry anf then id eitger go twist or cherry vibe whitch is for very dry so im confused i would be keeping the comversayion between me and him in im but he said he wants us to talk om here . the mothod is my ball with surfave with my style i only need one of those and now i need to figure out the back end of my bag
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

Method is definitely not a dry ball. You don’t have a strong asymmetric solid or hybrid. With the Tenacity, 035, Vapor, Kinetic etc they are very close to the same type of ball. So the different layouts like control and low flare will be key to see something different. Just trying to help, Not trying to conflict what he’s saying.
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

i only will have a 4 ball bag method tenacity or vapor zone the kinetic and wheter its my btu pearl or a new twist or cherry vibe next year i plan on replacing the method with a black and gold black widow or a storm timlessif need me but my strong ball is my method folliw by the tenacity or vapor zone kinetic and one of the trio of low wnd balls im considering
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

If you’re staying on house shots then that’s fine, but a big asymmetrical like a Katana Slash/conspiracy would be good on long heavy oil. If your balls get too jumpy off the end of the pattern then hit them with a abralon pad to take the shine off to smooth the reaction. Good luck
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

im just wondering whars everyones thougts on storm roto they seem to have alot of balls in the 2.55 plus rg range ie the match up series the hustle series the hyroad series what avantage of going to something like that compared to the lower rg balls i have
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

Storm/Roto are good brands too, those numbers are pre drilled. Medium and high rg balls are needed to fill out an arsenal. Low rg’s hook earlier and high rg’s give more length. Low differential is low flare, high differential is high flare. You already have a decent arsenal, minus a big solid or hybrid asymmetrical. I’d take the money after drilling to Eric’s recommendation and get a coach. Work on your game since you’ve only been bowling 2 years.
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

my pso said he wont do it so im stcks at what its at he says it wont be enough chsnge fir me sense i come so up the back of the ball.
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

I’d probably get a new PSO, hopefully he’s not just selling you balls. If you leave them just change surface until you get something you like. Use Eric’s recommendations for anything new and find a coach.
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

well i been through 3 in the last 3 months and noone wants to do anything i ask them too they either tell my brunswick is garbage there brand is right and better for me wont say why or how come. noone takes me serious cuz ive gone through 10 balls and 3 pso since sept and i still cant piece it all togetger i understand longer and bigger rgs are better for me but i feel like i alwats bother everyone going to them and trying to figure out a plan
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

Sorry to hear, if you post your location I’m sure someone can make a recommendation on who to go see. Unfortunately PSO’s usually are ball reps so if they’re Storm guys or Brunswick then that’s what they push. Eric has done the heavy lifting for you, so I’d use his layouts in the future. He’s good about giving a recommendation on a layout for every ball you purchase, so I’d use that for info and let the PSO just do the physical work. And just remember that even pros still use a coach, so even a lesson every couple of months will pay off.
Stacy
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

10 balls is around $2,000

If you you want the best of the best in my opinion, take a trip to Lake Wales, Florida. Visit the Kegel Training Center. A full day lesson will be $620 a half day $320. Book two half days with one day in between for practice. Take an extra $700 for balls. We’re at $1,340 plus 3 nights at an economy hotel $300, car rental $200, plane ticket (let’s say $350). Plus food but you eat every day anyway. Grand total $2,190. I know it sounds like a lot of money but you’ll come home a better bowler with properly drilled balls. Del Warren is an excellent coach but all of them there are some of the best in the world and have plenty of experience coaching at all levels, from beginner to PBA stars. Save up the money or use your credit card. You’ll thank me later.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

i bought a method a 035 pearl 2 035 solids 2 track ultra heats 1 tundra pearl 1 twist 1 tenacity 1 btu pearl 1 spare ball 1 hustle pow 1 edge pearl 1 edge solid all in the last 2 years
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

i think when i make the move to storm next year im gonna drill a og hyoad as my benchmark a hyroad x stronger then my og a hyroad pearl weker then my og and then either a match up pearl or match up hybrid or tropical breeze as my low end
44boyd

Post by 44boyd »

You can do that, but it’s not giving you different shapes.

I’d go something like Intense/Fire, Hyroad, IQ Tour Solid, Pitch Black.
Stacy
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

im trying to keep it faiely low on the terms of price thara why i was thinking what i said hyroads are running aeound 120 for the pearl amd og and the x is 130 ans the low ends woildny be muchore then 100 but still would need to fimd someone willing to work with me or ship what i have now but the generallu comcensious is that brunswick is bad for me
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

i go to one guy he wants me to buy a cutting edge hybrid and a rhino as he says with my styke im using to aggressive of equipment for house shots i go to another guy he says what i have is fine and he never seems to have the time to make me feel wanted my old pso only wants to do things his way and everyone around me tells me its not the eqipment is me and the list goes on and on
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

spencer6392 wrote:i go to one guy he wants me to buy a cutting edge hybrid and a rhino as he says with my styke im using to aggressive of equipment for house shots i go to another guy he says what i have is fine and he never seems to have the time to make me feel wanted my old pso only wants to do things his way and everyone around me tells me its not the eqipment is me and the list goes on and on
It is both you and your equipment. You only have 2 years experience, there is alot for you to learn about the game and the game in your own body. How you modify your release subconsciously to adjust to what you gave your mind in feedback from your last shot, etc.

You already have too many bowling balls drilled god knows how. You think you know what the ball is supposed to do based on what your driller said it but from our conversations he doesn't know the difference between Symmetrical and Asymmetrical equipment.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
spencer6392

Post by spencer6392 »

and were all on the same page here that the balls arent drilled properluly oe drilled to work in the way they should and now in terms is do i take a wing pay 100 dollars to gwt these 4 hopefully done right or do i hot the reset button and go to storm roto . and i vompletly agree i have a long way to go but when i tell a pso i want a skid snap reaction on my metjod and he drills its 70*5 1/4*55 and it hooks out at 40 feet when there no more head oil to push my ball down yhe lane