Obstacles in the way when bowling/max opens in 200 game

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Obstacles in the way when bowling/max opens in 200 game

Post by krava »

Bascially everything is cut off at the left most point at the left gutter. Soon NOTHING can go past the left most point where the gutter is, it will be completely blocked off.

Pictures:

https://ibb.co/fPxRKU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://ibb.co/h5MHtp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 parts to this:

#1 Does anyone have something in the way when they have to bowl that the bowling alley has put up? This was added sometime in the past few days. That middle pole is in the way bad. Also are there any rules or anything in the rule book saying how far something needs to be away from the lane? I would think that there isn't since they just put it there. They are planning on closing off the area with a curtain for the VIP lanes they have there between the poles. When i was throwing at the 10 pin, my right foot was atleast a foot to the left of that pole I think. Someone on our team tonight grabbed the pole twice.

#2 What is the most amount of X's you ever got and still didn't get 200? I had 4 opens, ( 4,7 10 I hit the 4 took out the 7 slid the 4 behind the 10 and missed, 4 8? chopped the 4 from 8, missed a 7 pin and a 10 pin) had a double and finished with last 5. had 8X only got 189.
imagonman
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Re: Obstacles in the way when bowling/max opens in 200 game

Post by imagonman »

Here ya go - Poles AND above ground ball returns. Try standing left of 25, I dare you. 10 pins cross lane forget it, unless you like slamming your right foot into the ball return. What fun!!!!
20160707_145443_1467918239381-1024x576.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

Well atleast it is like that for the entire bowling alley. This is only bad for 1 lane. Whoever is on lane 7 isn't in good shape. I shoot at 10 pins standing left of the last dot 2 boards and shooting 3rd arrow. in the case of that place, I would have to move my target to the 2nd arrow and play / on it. What is that some old place? I think the place I go was done in the 1950's, They are redoing it now, they ripped all the celing fans out so it is hot and you sweat all the time. They just ripped the floor out (carpet i mean), they ripped out 4 lanes and added an arcade. The lanes are breaking down everywhere every day. first 2 times we bowled we had to move. the people to the left of us had to move today. There might be 1 open spot they could even move to. They are trying to make this place into a chucky cheese or something. I should have moved to Dallas.
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Post by spmcgivern »

My guess is they added lanes 1-6 to the rest of the lanes after the original construction.

As a former manager, and if that is the only location where there are supports, I would not force the leagues to bowl on those lanes if possible. That is an injury waiting to happen for league bowlers. To be honest, I wouldn't put open play there unless it was the last lanes, or if they were lefthanded.
Pinbuster

Post by Pinbuster »

It used to happen all the time when they stuffed bowling lanes in old buildings.

I bowled in a house once the wall by number one was on the left edge of the left gutter. Plus they had the league standing sheets posted on that wall all the way down to the foul line. I once saw a guy put his fist through the glass over the standing sheet.

Of course this was the rubber ball era and you only got left that much to shoot ten pins. It was a bear for left handers playing the gutter with the wall staring at them all the way down the approach.

The right side of the house had a path for the mechanic and pin chasers so it wasn't that bad.

I've also seen houses with large support pillars between lanes. Of course the lanes were separated by 3 feet or so.
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

no lanes were added, they just put those beams up. they did it to "block off" those from the rest of the lanes and put curtains up so birthday parties can be more private.
seventen7ten
THS Average: 206
Positive Axis Point: 3.5" Right 1" Up
Axis Tilt: 36
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Alpha Crux
Medium Oil Ball: Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Light Oil Ball: Motiv Tribal & Brunswick Axis
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by seventen7ten »

Ever bowled in the Petersen Classic tournament near Chicago, IL?
Here's what we've faced to the left of Lane 1.
Petersen_Classic_Lane1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krava
Probation
Probation

Post by krava »

bascially it is the same. That one lane and only 1 lane will be cut off at the left side of the gutter. right now parts of it is opened up but it will be cut off so that you can't go past the left most gutter on that. I was not used to that and didn't know how to handle it. most people don't do the VIP lanes anyway. there is only 6 of them and extra $10 charge to use it.