USBC Rule book 2018 - 2019

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

USBC Rule book 2018 - 2019

Post by kajmk »

The wiki references the 2011 version.
I'm not using a computer or I'd attempt an update.

In the interim I copied advisory and links from USBC website

https://www.bowl.com/rules/Rules_Home/U ... ing_Rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"With our new apps downloaded to your smart phone, you can look up rules anytime, anywhere! Click here for iPhones and Android phones and here for Windows phones.

Attention iPhone users: Need a searchable at-your-fingertips copy of the USBC Playing Rules? Simply open the PDF version in iBooks. "

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn.net ... lebook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: USBC Rule book 2018 - 2019

Post by krava »

I haven't read the rule book but lets see if this wild idea is in it. Also any rules in the rule book? or what is the last rule that was ever added to the rule book?

What happens if this occurs: older man throws his ball and it goes like 8mph, Then someone else jumps up throws their ball at 20mph, he throws it bad and it goes into the older man's lane just as the ball is about to hit the pins. The old man's ball looks like it was thrown bad and about to hit the 6-10 giving him low count. Bascically he throws it over again right? Is that even in the rule book?

Another thing that probably isn't in there is that when i was about to leave Monday night. 2 people got into a huge argument over who's ball that 1 ball belongs to. People been there from 6:30 and it is now 9:00pm and now they are arguing about who's ball belongs to who?? There was like 8 people involved in the circle of mess blocking the way to get out. The head guy of the league had to come over to deal with it. How can 2 people fight over a ball? I know one thing, 85% of the people in the league can't get their thumb into my small hole.
JJakobsen
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 3 1/2 right, 1 1/2 up
Speed: 15.5 downlane
Rev Rate: 450
Axis Tilt: 0
Axis Rotation: 30
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Marvel Pearl
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick Inferno
Light Oil Ball: Storm Timeless
Preferred Company: 900 Global

Post by JJakobsen »

krava wrote:I haven't read the rule book but lets see if this wild idea is in it. Also any rules in the rule book? or what is the last rule that was ever added to the rule book?

What happens if this occurs: older man throws his ball and it goes like 8mph, Then someone else jumps up throws their ball at 20mph, he throws it bad and it goes into the older man's lane just as the ball is about to hit the pins. The old man's ball looks like it was thrown bad and about to hit the 6-10 giving him low count. Bascically he throws it over again right? Is that even in the rule book?

Another thing that probably isn't in there is that when i was about to leave Monday night. 2 people got into a huge argument over who's ball that 1 ball belongs to. People been there from 6:30 and it is now 9:00pm and now they are arguing about who's ball belongs to who?? There was like 8 people involved in the circle of mess blocking the way to get out. The head guy of the league had to come over to deal with it. How can 2 people fight over a ball? I know one thing, 85% of the people in the league can't get their thumb into my small hole.
Scenarios that happens once every 20 years doesn't need a rule....
68.2353°N 14.5636°E is where it happens!
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

krava wrote:I haven't read the rule book but lets see if this wild idea is in it.
Well your just like the majority of league bowlers then, you haven't read the rulebook.

The real wild idea is maybe reading the rulebook first, before posing questions about theoritical scenarios.

Are there rules in the rulebook? Here's a hint it's called a Rulebook.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Post by boomer »

actually, something like that just happened. High roller on my lanes, last week, rolled a pocket 7-10. Older guy next to us went up to roll his ball. High roller followed him up (way to quick) just lobbing the ball hard, bounced, and jumped into the older guys' lane.

His team chewed him out and he got a zero. Older guy got pins respotted and he reshot.
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Post by spmcgivern »

kajmk wrote:The wiki references the 2011 version.
I'm not using a computer or I'd attempt an update.

In the interim I copied advisory and links from USBC website

https://www.bowl.com/rules/Rules_Home/U ... ing_Rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"With our new apps downloaded to your smart phone, you can look up rules anytime, anywhere! Click here for iPhones and Android phones and here for Windows phones.

Attention iPhone users: Need a searchable at-your-fingertips copy of the USBC Playing Rules? Simply open the PDF version in iBooks. "

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn.net ... lebook.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The app is a good resource for rules and average verification. However, it is extremely slow to load any page and does not have a way to close from inside the app. You will have to manually close the app.