USBC rules or what can be done about slick spot on approach

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

USBC rules or what can be done about slick spot on approach

Post by krava »

I went bowling Monday. The left lane had an extremely slick spot about 1" wide and like 10 inches long right accross the dots where you stand. One of the guys on the other team noticed it first and took his foot and went across it alot. I went over it and did the same and there was no traction at all right there. once past it your ok. What can be done about that? Are you allowed to grab your own towl and try to wipe it or something? or just call the people to try to fix that spot? Nothing was done about the spot at all, the entire night.

Also do all the people have to be in agreement for them to come out and do something about the approach? What options do I have? I went from a s12 to a s10 and it made no difference in that area.
snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Re: USBC rules or what can be done about slick spot on appro

Post by snick »

You will almost certainly be met with consternation if you try to alter the approach, or ask to house do it, unless all bowlers on the pair agree to it.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º
krava
Probation
Probation
Preferred Company: hammer

Re: USBC rules or what can be done about slick spot on appro

Post by krava »

I thought so. I also left my s12 slideing sole for the 9's shoes and that is $30. The 214 average guy bowled a 536 (that was the one that was complaining about the approach), i didn't like it at all and woried me everytime I did the first step.