another layout for ancient lefty storm Intense 12lb 4oz

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

jdrsuper
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Speed: 13 off hand
Rev Rate: 200
Axis Tilt: 24
Axis Rotation: 75
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

another layout for ancient lefty storm Intense 12lb 4oz

Post by jdrsuper »

folks,
I got this ball Sunday at my local ABT tournament because I signed up for the fall Nationals in October and got premier package with gives unlimited entries and a storm intense ball. I thought that I would get the ball at the tournament but mch to my surprise it showed up Sunday. My arsenal for this tournament is a Motiv Venom shock pearl, Hammer Black widow urethane, Track Tundra, Ebonite maxim with pin on bottom set for negative side weight for my pesky 7 pin. I would like to set up the intense as a benchmark ball for house shots and possibly some sport shots. My branch only uses sport shots but others use modified house shots which is what usually is put out at nationals. I only want to bring three balls and the maxim spare. So i would appreciate a layout for the intense and suggestions on what 3 balls to bring besides the Maxim. Any advice and help will be appreciated. As I write this I realize that I will bring the Black widow urethane as I have had great success with that ball. So it comes down to the new layout for the intense, venom shock pearl and Track Tundra for the remaining two. My specs are in my signature and thanks again for any help.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: another layout for ancient lefty storm Intense 12lb 4oz

Post by EricHartwell »

jdrsuper wrote:folks,
I got this ball Sunday at my local ABT tournament because I signed up for the fall Nationals in October and got premier package with gives unlimited entries and a storm intense ball. I thought that I would get the ball at the tournament but mch to my surprise it showed up Sunday. My arsenal for this tournament is a Motiv Venom shock pearl, Hammer Black widow urethane, Track Tundra, Ebonite maxim with pin on bottom set for negative side weight for my pesky 7 pin. I would like to set up the intense as a benchmark ball for house shots and possibly some sport shots. My branch only uses sport shots but others use modified house shots which is what usually is put out at nationals. I only want to bring three balls and the maxim spare. So i would appreciate a layout for the intense and suggestions on what 3 balls to bring besides the Maxim. Any advice and help will be appreciated. As I write this I realize that I will bring the Black widow urethane as I have had great success with that ball. So it comes down to the new layout for the intense, venom shock pearl and Track Tundra for the remaining two. My specs are in my signature and thanks again for any help.
It is too bad that the int. diff is only .008. You won't be able to get a true benchmark out of it. The PSA will be pulled to very near the thumb hole. Ideally you would like to have 45-4.5-70 for a Benchmark. In trying without a balance hole it will be more like 90-4.5-70, not what I would consider Benchmark. This is a prime example of a ball that needs a balance hole(P4) to give the core similar dynamics as its heavier counterparts.

With that said you need to treat the Intense as if it is a Symmetrical. Layout ... xx-4-70
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand
jdrsuper
Positive Axis Point: 4 11/16 over 1 up
Heavy Oil Ball: Track Logix
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Widow Black Urethane
Preferred Company: Ebonite Brands

Re: another layout for ancient lefty storm Intense 12lb 4oz

Post by jdrsuper »

EricHartwell wrote: It is too bad that the int. diff is only .008. You won't be able to get a true benchmark out of it. The PSA will be pulled to very near the thumb hole. Ideally you would like to have 45-4.5-70 for a Benchmark. In trying without a balance hole it will be more like 90-4.5-70, not what I would consider Benchmark. This is a prime example of a ball that needs a balance hole(P4) to give the core similar dynamics as its heavier counterparts.

With that said you need to treat the Intense as if it is a Symmetrical. Layout ... xx-4-70
Eric,
As usual thanks for your help will get the ball drilled and try it out on a THS and then compare it to the other 2 I'm considering taking to Vegas and make a decision after I see how the intense works for me.
Joel Resnick
Hand: Left
PAP: 4 11/16 over 1 up

No matter what you are trying to do remember simplicity gives better results than over complicating things.