bowling after the pro's.....

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

turbotwister
Preferred Company: storm

bowling after the pro's.....

Post by turbotwister »

we bowled monday after the pro's bowled their step ladder over the week end and there was not one thing that i could do with my ball and it didn't seem like our normal house shot.. ( as far as carry) .... as a matter of fact, it might be one of the worse days this year. i noticed last year that we had the same issues after they bowled also. do you think that i takes a couple of days for the lanes to come back to us or is there some other issue that we encounter? curious......
boomer
THS Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 6 3/16 x 1/2 up
Speed: 13.8 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 230
Preferred Company: Storm (it smells pretty)

Re: bowling after the pro's.....

Post by boomer »

Did they recondition the lanes or were you bowling on their pattern? If they did, did they do a full strip and re-oil? Or did they just do a typical thing?

Do you know the pattern they were bowling on?
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Post by RobMautner »

Unless the lanes are double stripped, there will always be a ghost of the previous pattern after the first oiling.
turbotwister

Post by turbotwister »

It was from the pwba this past week end in florida . they bowled saturday step ladder, so you would think that the lanes would be back to normal. i think they had a 40' p[attern but not quite sure.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Saturdays I coach youth league in the morning and play a family league with wife and daughter at 3:30 PM. Youth play WTBA patterns and I can really tell the difference if we play on one of the lanes they played on, easy 38’ house on other lanes, not so easy on lanes that had the sport pattern in the morning.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
TomaHawk
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by TomaHawk »

It takes a little longer to get the lanes back to "normal" than one would think. Depending on the condition of the lanes, oiling machine, an other factors, it could take a few days.

Imagine spreading oil all over a window and trying to get it clean. That's just about what it's like trying to prepare a lane to respond to a different oil pattern.
turbotwister

Post by turbotwister »

kegal does the oil for those days of the tour with their machines as far as i know. then our house does the lanes after they leave ( to get it back to normal) but they most likely went over it once and that was it. i bowl there tomorrow again on our Friday league, so i'll see what it does then with fingers crossed. lol