Need help with my two handed release!

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Antonio
Preferred Company: 1991

Need help with my two handed release!

Post by Antonio »

Hello everyone!
I hope you are able to help me out on this one. Since I started playing bowling with two hands I have had a problem that I am rolling over my middle finger hole. If I use nasty rumor it only roll over the hole in the first half of the lane. If I use urethane it rolls all the way down...
The worst part is that I feel like my release is good. So the question is:
- Do I need to change how I realease the ball? Make more axis tilt?
- Can I change my PAP so the track don't go over my middle finger hole?

Here is a video I recorded yesterday.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gunso

Re: Need help with my two handed release!

Post by gunso »

It's been like a 3-4 year struggle with me. for some pitch changes have worked. basically having more forward in your middle finger conpared to ring finger. In the end it fibally has lowered a bit, especially with strong asyms, and it was no pitch changes that finally did it. Just stopped worrying about it and focused on getting better and more flexible and then it finally has mostly gone off.

the problem is you are way to early on the side of the ball. I'd suggest trying to stay a bit taller throughout the swing and do the foul line drill and backup drill. I'd also suggest taping a video and put it in the coaching session for grest tips.

Jesper Svenson has quite a few pba titles and international titles and he tracks over his finger holes so don't worry too much about it. other factors matter more when it comes to scoring
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Antonio, as gunso mentioned, post your request and video in the coaches section.
You can post in Certified Coaches but cannot reply in that forum

This is a video from the wiki.
The gentleman Jim Merrell presented this video.
Jim frequently responds to requests with his analysis

http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... y_elements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link describes Jim's preference for videos to be analyzed .
http://wiki.bowlingchat.net/wiki/index. ... e_Coaching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In absence of personal coaching -
Antonio, as an aid but not a substitute to direct one on one coaching.

You will note the use of annotated still photography in Jim's video.
Using your own video from SIMILAR camera angles, create a picture of YOU at the same point as the pictures of Jason and Osku. Do a side by side comparison.

Also make good use of FRAME by FRAME analysis. Things happen quickly.
Note that some times the symptoms can trick us into looking at the wrong things.

The side by side or A to B comparison (compare and contrast) is an age old tried and true method of analysis for many things, not only bowling

Always put a piece of highly visible tape on your PAP during practice.

Additional reference this post Two handed bowler tracking over the fingers
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12594&hilit=Two" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video comparison
Belmo, Oscu, Troup, Valenta.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12430&p=96335&hilit=Spigner#p96335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bill Spigners articles in Bowlers Journal.
At least 3 dealing with two handers.
http://www.billspigner.com/articles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've been out of the sport for many years and have not kept up. Have not watched pro bowling for years, so I am not familiar with all of the two handers.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Antonio, I took the liberty of copying your post to the Certified coaching forum

See "Antonio needs help with his release (two handed swing)"

viewtopic.php?uid=866&f=4&t=13879&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John