Help Nord Score On House Shots

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

gunso

Re: Help Nord Score On House Shots

Post by gunso »

I'd even suggest larger moves. For league I'd throw a shot in your comfort zone to begin with right around second arrow. Depending on if your tendency is to miss left or right I'd throw 1 and intentionally miss 2 boards that way. If both of those hit the pocket I'd throw one 2 boards the other way and see how that plays out. I'd throw a shot as far right as you are comfortable with (to the right of that is for practice). I'd throw a shot like 8 to 5 and see if that comes back with a better angle then up second arrow.

It's all about reading what the lanes tell you each shot. Find friction or find hold depending on if your misses are predominantly to the left or right. With your roll friction is your friend but if there ain't none start by finding the hold until friction developes after a game or so. than find that friction
Nord
THS Average: 180
Speed: 12-14 mph at Foul Line
Rev Rate: 120
Axis Tilt: 0
Axis Rotation: 90
Heavy Oil Ball: Visionary Midnight Scorcher Particle Urethane
Medium Oil Ball: DV8 Poison
Light Oil Ball: Brunswick True Motion

Post by Nord »

trackbowler wrote:
The more specifics would occur after your initial shot sequence. Once you've found the pocket and made the 2 and 1 move your next adjustment can be single board moves if the 2 and 1 move holds the pocket.

I.E. Ball # and feet/target
Ball 1 5/5: Up 5 is in the pocket
Ball 2 7/6: 2 and 1 left is in the pocket
Ball 3 8/6: 1 board with feet left to see if you have room further out at the break point (just for reference, if this is also in the pocket you've now identified a 3 and 2 zone where the ball will be in the pocket)
ball 4 5/4: this one is to test if you miss right (now you'd be at your 3 boards of miss room, maybe more)

This covers 8 shots, 4 on each pair. You also have to take account the possibility of needing to touch the surface up or if you make a shot that you weren't happy with off your hand.

The number of variations of moves that could spawn while your warming up is so numerous that I would prefer you keep it fairly simple for now until you start to get a better feel for playing with reactive.
Cool!
I am going to try this tonight and hopefully the Jackpot will give me that big area.
I will also have the Rack and Purple just incase.
But the Jack has been, just like MegaMav said, a benchmark ball.
I have been able to find areas to play with it.
It works just like he said, clean and not flaring in the front and then flaring strong in the back with a heavy move left, but not a jump.
I am really liking the ball.

Let me mention something.
Last night I stopped by to watch my doubles partner bowl in his scratch league.
I wanted to be aware of how people's balls react on the lane and how they are adjusting to find the proper shot.
These are high average bowlers.
I kept in mind everything you guys have been teaching me and watched them in warmup and later in play.

Here is what I learned: They seem just as dumb as me!

No one seemed to be trying anything in warmup except trying to get lined up on their normal A game.
That's it.
Most of the players were simple down and in from 6 with a lot of speed.
Misses right missed the pocket and misses left missed the pocket, but good shots blew the rack apart.
I didn't see anyone trying to find that margin of error or pushing left to right.
I saw one very good lady, with a 200 plus average trying to play up the second arrow all night with a ball that wouldn't roll up at all.
It kept hitting light, flat 10ing and so on.
She missed a lot of spares too because she was getting frustrated.

I kept thinking about what you are teaching me and how each player could have adjusted to get more margin and consistency.
Even my doubles partner, in the third game made a move I wasn't sure was correct.
He was playing up 7 with his Code Red and had hold until the shot broke down, then his ball started to jump left.
He said: " I have to ball down to the Code Black."

I my mind though I thought, "Your ball is jumping left off of 7, good, that's good, you found friction and bounce back area. Now do a 2 and 1 move left and you will know you have miss room right with the same ball."

Is that the proper thinking?
The more friction we can find to the right of our target, the better bumper we have for misses right?
Full Roller
PAP: 6 3/16 x 2 5/8
Rev rate: 145
Ball speed: 13 mph at launch
Composite Average: 180
High Game: 269 bowled with Pitch Black.
High Series: 683 clean using the DV8 Poison Solid.
Nord

Post by Nord »

gunso wrote:I'd even suggest larger moves. For league I'd throw a shot in your comfort zone to begin with right around second arrow. Depending on if your tendency is to miss left or right I'd throw 1 and intentionally miss 2 boards that way. If both of those hit the pocket I'd throw one 2 boards the other way and see how that plays out. I'd throw a shot as far right as you are comfortable with (to the right of that is for practice). I'd throw a shot like 8 to 5 and see if that comes back with a better angle then up second arrow.

It's all about reading what the lanes tell you each shot. Find friction or find hold depending on if your misses are predominantly to the left or right. With your roll friction is your friend but if there ain't none start by finding the hold until friction develops after a game or so. than find that friction
Ok, that is also very helpful too.
I have an A game, up second arrow.
So since I have time in warmup, I try up second arrow and see how it does.
Then I intentionally miss right a board and see what happens.
Two board miss right and see what happens.
A board inside and see what happens.
Two boards inside and see what happens.
The idea being to see if that shot has margin for error or not on either side of second arrow.

I am going to put all these scenarios into the notes on my iPhone so I can remember them!
Full Roller
gunso

Post by gunso »

miss 2 boards. 1 board misses are pointless when finding area. no ones that accurate even though you think you are
RobMautner
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
Preferred Company: No Preference

Post by RobMautner »

I am going to put all these scenarios into the notes on my iPhone so I can remember them!

Rather than putting them on your phone so that you can remember them, try understanding them: what you are looking for is the place on the lane where a miss to the right hooks back to the pocket, and a miss to the left slides further and stays in the pocket. Doing this one board at a time may take you a game and a half to find your shot. Try the second arrow, then the first arrow, then the third arrow. If a miss to the right of the second arrow hooks back to the pocket, then common sense says that a miss to the left of the first arrow is not going to hold pocket, so move directly to the third arrow. Once you get the concept, you'll quit trying to memorize a formula, and start being a bowler.
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Here is what I learned: They seem just as dumb as me!

No one seemed to be trying anything in warmup except trying to get lined up on their normal A game.
That's it.
Most of the players were simple down and in from 6 with a lot of speed.
Misses right missed the pocket and misses left missed the pocket, but good shots blew the rack apart.
I didn't see anyone trying to find that margin of error or pushing left to right.

You were watching players that already know how to score on a house shot and are familiar with the oil pattern, so they know where to play and only needed to fine tune their shot. In other words, they're already where you're trying to get. You'll learn more from them by watching how they manage the lane transitions as the night goes on. If you could see them in a strange house with an unknown oil pattern you'd see more of what has been recommended to you. -- JohnP
Nord

Post by Nord »

JohnP wrote:

You were watching players that already know how to score on a house shot and are familiar with the oil pattern, so they know where to play and only needed to fine tune their shot. In other words, they're already where you're trying to get. You'll learn more from them by watching how they manage the lane transitions as the night goes on. If you could see them in a strange house with an unknown oil pattern you'd see more of what has been recommended to you. -- JohnP
But they were not doing well!
Like I said, the one lady, who is the manager of the lanes and a third generation bowler, was bowling way under average, but persisted in just playing up second arrow.
She tried a second ball and still no carry.
She did not try to move her target right to see if it would roll up.

Another player on her team was playing 6 down and in.
If he missed a board right, he missed pocket, but if he hit 6 dead on, then strike.
Once his ball started going high on the 6 line he switched to his Hot Cell urethane ball rather than make a 2 and 1 move.

Is that correct?
Am I misunderstanding what you guys are saying?
Full Roller
Nord

Post by Nord »

RobMautner wrote:I am going to put all these scenarios into the notes on my iPhone so I can remember them!

Rather than putting them on your phone so that you can remember them, try understanding them: what you are looking for is the place on the lane where a miss to the right hooks back to the pocket, and a miss to the left slides further and stays in the pocket. Doing this one board at a time may take you a game and a half to find your shot. Try the second arrow, then the first arrow, then the third arrow. If a miss to the right of the second arrow hooks back to the pocket, then common sense says that a miss to the left of the first arrow is not going to hold pocket, so move directly to the third arrow. Once you get the concept, you'll quit trying to memorize a formula, and start being a bowler.
Ok, this is a helpful summary of the concept.
At Surf, historically, when I am playing directly up second arrow with urethane, I put right foot on 10 and go right up 10.
When this shot is working, I know I can make the bucket by simply doing a 3 and 2 move right.
Virtually on any of the three houses I have been bowling in, Kearny, Surf and Parkway, with urethane, I can make the bucket by moving 3 and 2 right from the second arrow.
Right foot on 7, target 8.
Does that help me?
Is that information useful when considering a strike line?
Full Roller
Nord

Post by Nord »

Nord Surf House Shot Report:

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible...
Total humiliation and helplessness.

I had lots of warmup and made all the test shots and more.
Jackpot Up 5 held.
2-1 left jumped.
Up 4 would not come back.
Moved target left to find forgiveness.
Going up 7 allowed me two boards miss room right and one board left.
First game was very good until 2/3 in.
Then all went to hell.
Ball was going left fast.
Moved feet left but then ball would not come back.
Moved target left a board to 8 and ball would not roll up reliably.
Moved target left to 9 and same thing.
Moved target left to 10, now shooting across lane.
I got out of first game barely with a 200 even.

Game 2 I had no shot.
I tried to push it from 10 out to 7 and it either might come back lightly or not come back at all.
Moved feet a board at a time right to see if I could get it to come back but same thing, sometimes it came back lightly and other times not at all.
Moved target right to 9 out to 7 and same thing, maybe or not at all.

If I tried to go straight up 7 instant hook to split or brooklyn, but straight up 8 would not hook up.
Tried to go 9 to 7 and no reliable reaction.
Switched to the Rack Attack and it did nothing, no hook anywhere, or tiny hook.
Tried right up 7 where the Jackpot was screaming left and the Rack just sat.
Put the Rack away.
Finished game 2 with a 149.

Game 3 I went to my Purple that I had at 2000/4000 to play from outside.
First shot rolled right up 7 and it went Brooklyn.
Moved my target to up second arrow.
Double.
Next shot missed half a board right and ball would not come back.
Now Purple had oil on it.
Next shot missed inside half a board and split.
I had to hit 10 perfectly or over/under.
Tried to move target to 9 out to 7 but ball would not come back.
Tried 8 to 6, same thing.
Tried 8 to 7 and pocket, but every shot a flat 10.
Finished game 3 with a 175.

We lost all games.
I bowled a 524 and my partners bowled a 459 and 487.
It was a totally horrible condition that simply seemed to have no shot.

Afterwards I bowled two practice games with all my balls to understand where it could have found a line.
Nothing, I could find nothing with any ball.
A 180 and 160.

Sad.

I went to the front desk and asked Bill, one of the top scratch bowlers, what the hell was up.
He said it was murder last night for them.
He said it is so hot and humid, (Surf bowl is right on the beach and San Diego is in the midst of a heat wave) the oil turned to water and produced the most horrible over/under condition he has ever bowled on.
He said everyone was under average and very frustrated.
He really had no advice.
He said he tried everything and he never got anything going.
He told me not to feel bad about not being able to find the shot since there is no shot to find.

As I think about it, there was an area of extreme friction on 6 and 7 board, but I had no ball that would navigate it.
My Purple just rolled out off my hand and went left, but if I got inside and pushed to that spot it would not come back.
Same with Jackpot, it would not come back if pushed right to that spot, but would leap left if rolled directly up that spot.

On or inside second arrow with Jackpot would jump left, but the Purple would not carry the 10 up 10 and would crossover up 11.
I felt if I had a real weak ball, like my True Motion with Axis Layout I could have rolled it up 7 and had hold and a nice move to the pocket.
But I didn't have that ball with me.

Also, all the black tape in the back of the Jackpot just fell out.
I had to keep putting it back in and then it would fall out again on each shot and would not stick.
The thumbhole is a mould, but it had a different color than my other balls and tape won't stick to it, so I gotta take it back to get a new thumbhole put in.

Overall, a total fail tonight.
I am depressed.
I thought I was making progress, but as usual, just when I think I am progressing, I am slapped back down to a mediocre bowler...
Full Roller
trackbowler
Matchplay Champion
Matchplay Champion
THS Average: 220
Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2 over 1/2 up
Speed: 18 off hand
Rev Rate: 400
Axis Tilt: 15
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by trackbowler »

A couple notes:

I think you could have used a little more surface on the Rack Attack or even knocked the polish off the Jackpot. Polish is not your friend when you encounter over/under.

Instead of getting a new thumb installed, order some RealBowlersTape blue tape. Which is their equivalent to black tape. For me it sticks better and when you remove from the ball it doesn't leave a residue like black tape does. The other reason that they may have been falling out is that there was left over residue or something else in the thumb, clean the thumb hole with rubbing alcohol and see if that helps any.

Finally, when you move your feet left if you don't move your target you're moving the breakpoint down the lane further out towards the gutter. When you found that 4 didn't recover that was your out of bounds. Based on what your relayed I think you had a decent shot with a friction area around 5/6 the first game, and should have tried to work in that area instead of directly switching balls.
Nord wrote:Game 2 I had no shot.
I tried to push it from 10 out to 7 and it either might come back lightly or not come back at all.
Moved feet a board at a time right to see if I could get it to come back but same thing, sometimes it came back lightly and other times not at all.
Moved target right to 9 out to 7 and same thing, maybe or not at all.
Were you paying attention to what the other bowler's on your pair were using and where they were playing?
Kyle
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Nord,

I had a good chuckle at your post.
Why? Because you shot your old average and you're not satisfied.
Im glad the ceiling and floor on your game has gotten a boost.
All that analysis and moving around on the lane shows you're more of a bowler now than you were 2 months ago.
stevespo
Positive Axis Point: 5.75" x + 3/8"
Speed: 17+ off hand (camera)
Axis Tilt: 12
Heavy Oil Ball: Phaze II, Altered Reality
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Nano, Zen, Phase III
Light Oil Ball: Electrify Pearl

Post by stevespo »

Nord wrote: Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible...
Total humiliation and helplessness.
Sorry to hear these results, but you bowled your average - right? Sounds like most bowlers did not.
You're not going to shoot a personal best every night. LOL. This is a learning experience. You're solving a puzzle. It's always going to be different, and that is why we keep coming back.

I'm in full agreement with trackbowler. You need to give your initial (successful) line a chance. You need to make the first logical (methodical) adjustment. That would be a 2:1 left when the ball started to go high. Miss left, move left (feet AND target!). Changing one with out the other is too drastic down lane.

If the 2:1 or 3:1 or 3:2 looked terrible, and it was truly over/under at that point, then I'd move to something stronger/earlier. Cover strength and surface will help to blend it out. You need something stronger in your bag than the Jackpot and the Rack Attack at 4000 is probably not it. 500/1000 perhaps.

These moves will be more helpful with subtle changes in speed and hand position. A single variable alone may not solve the problem. Work on these physical adjustments and bridge the gap in your equipment. Stop identifying as a "full roller who goes straight up 2nd arrow" and think of yourself as a "bowler who is developing versatility". That is the identity that will be more productive over time.

I bowled my average last night, but was inconsistent. I hate that. Shot broke down oddly and I left 3 big splits the last game. Finally made the right ball change, and got more aggressive. Even striking out we lost game by 10 and team total by 3. Very frustrating.

Steve
16 mph (14-14.5 on monitor), 375 rpm, PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8 up, AT: 12*, AR: 45*
Nord

Post by Nord »

MegaMav wrote:Nord,

I had a good chuckle at your post.
Why? Because you shot your old average and you're not satisfied.
Im glad the ceiling and floor on your game has gotten a boost.
All that analysis and moving around on the lane shows you're more of a bowler now than you were 2 months ago.
I guess if you put it that way. :lol:

But, I don't want to be at 175 anymore, I hate that average!

As I think back carefully, now that I have calmed down a bit, with the Jackpot, I found a shot up 8 that gave me up to three boards miss room right for half the game and about a board inside.
I was standing right foot on 10.
Then suddenly in the final third of the game, misses right would not come back anymore and even shots on 8 would leave that flat 10.
It was then that I started hunting.

I tried first squaring up a bit by moving my foot right and keeping my target the same on 8.
This did not stop the flat 10 and actually resulted in the misses left going high.
I then tried moving my target right a board to 7 and this caused the ball to go high.
I moved feet left to push more left to right at 7 but then the ball would not come back.
Finally I tried going up second arrow but even a half board miss right, yes, half a board, would hit super light and a half board miss left would go through the nose.
Game 1 over with a 200.
200 was the high game for our pair that night by either team.

Game 2 I tried the Jackpot on second arrow for the first 2/3s of the game but it was over/under hell.
Then I grabbed the Rack and tried going back to my original shot up 8 and the Rack would not even hook.
Then I moved further right to 7, hoping there was friction there and still the Rack could not find it.
I finished game 2 with a 149.

Game 3 I went right to the Purple and while it was dry, I got an immediate double up second arrow.
But as soon as it got wet, it was the same as the Jackpot up second arrow, a miss right would not come back and a miss left would go through the nose.

I tried pushing the purple right to the friction at 7 and 6 and it would not come back, but if I moved over and rolled right up 7 the Purple would roll out instantly and go left across the lane.

I just went back to second arrow and gritted out a 175.

The team we were playing against was the second place team.
Their captain bowled a 726 series the other week, but on these conditions the best he could do was a 502 series.

My doubles partner, who has a 217 average, is also in this league on another team.
I asked him how he did and he said "don't ask."
He told me: "I hate these lanes. I make the same exact shot and hit the same exact target the same exact way and I get a different reaction on each shot. There is zero consistency on these lanes."

Here is my thought process about what I could have done if I could have gone back in time.
I would have three balls.
A super, super strong ball that just rolls early and straight and has a very mild backend.
A benchmark ball, the Jackpot.
A super weak ball that I can play from outside, 7 or 6 or 5 and will not react strongly to the friction, but will just smoothly sweep in.

With those I could have played the first game with the Jackpot, got that 200 and then had the option of moving right or left with the other balls.
The weak ball from outside may have been a good option.
But the super strong ball up second arrow might have worked too because it could come back from slight misses right.
I rarely miss inside, I always miss right when I miss.

Thoughts?

BTW: I could not use the Purple up second arrow because I had taken it up to 2000/4000 to have as a outside ball on Kearny.
So the Purple did not have that heavy roll in the oil anymore that I get with the lower grit.
But now I am considering taking it down to 500 grit with a deep defined cross sand to have it as the super strong second arrow ball with control when things go off the rails like they did last night.
Full Roller
Nord

Post by Nord »

trackbowler wrote: Instead of getting a new thumb installed, order some RealBowlersTape blue tape. Which is their equivalent to black tape. For me it sticks better and when you remove from the ball it doesn't leave a residue like black tape does. The other reason that they may have been falling out is that there was left over residue or something else in the thumb, clean the thumb hole with rubbing alcohol and see if that helps any.
I just got off the phone with my PSO about the tape issue.
He said the thumb mold is of the same material as all the others, he just didn't put the white dye in it.
He suspects bad tape.
He said, since the cork in the front is not falling out, it must be bad black tape.
I told him this was a new pack of tape, but it had been sitting on my desk for maybe 6 months.
He said lets try a new pack and see if that was the issue before doing a new thumb.
But he said he will mold a new thumb anyway to have on hand for the future.
I will check out your link and try some of that tape.
Thanks!
Full Roller
Nord

Post by Nord »

On a humorous note:

My two teammates from last night sent a group email.

This is the first email we got from Teammate 1:
Bury me.png
And this was Teammate 2's reply:
Straight down the middle.png
Sometimes you just have to laugh about what is out of your control.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Full Roller
stevespo

Post by stevespo »

Nord wrote: First game was very good until 2/3 in.
Then all went to hell.
Ball was going left fast.
Nord wrote: Then suddenly in the final third of the game, misses right would not come back anymore and even shots on 8 would leave that flat 10.
It was then that I started hunting.
You've provided 2 completely different descriptions of what happened when "things went bad". I don't know which is correct, but the answer is still the same IMO. 2:1 left.

If the ball is jumping left, move left. Find some oil and delay the reaction.

If the ball is not hooking as much and you're seeing a flat 10. 2:1 left. Ball lacks energy due to early friction. To paraphrase Chris Barnes "I love the flat 10, because it means a 4 bagger is coming".

If you've lost your "adult bumper" ie. room to the right. Move left. Feet and target.

Change and transition are not a bad thing. Historically, many bowlers score better as the shot flattens out and a little friction spot develops. It's an opportunity.

You moved right thinking that the ball wasn't hooking because there wasn't enough friction. The "problem" is your reactive ball is picking up oil, and creating more friction possibly in the midlane and definitely near the end of the pattern. Different ball, different mindset. You're not throwing urethane anymore.

When would I move right? If I leave a ringing 10. If I've got a 2 hander next to me and I don't want to jump 10:5 over his spot. If I believe I'm seeing some carry down and I want the ball to roll earlier. If I ball down and want to play straighter. The vast majority of time, it's move left. You know where the friction is, now find the hold!

Steve
Nord

Post by Nord »

stevespo wrote: If the ball is not hooking as much and you're seeing a flat 10. 2:1 left. Ball lacks energy due to early friction.
Steve
My response is a very big "HUH?!"

If I make a miss right and the ball does not come back move left???
Ball is dying out?
It just looked to me like the ball was sliding and not gripping.
My urethane ball looked the same, just sliding and struggling to get get traction.
How can moving left give a ball more traction?
Full Roller
stevespo

Post by stevespo »

Nord, now I really believe you're trolling us. I feel like the movie Groundhog day.

You're not going to sustain a 3 board miss area (at the arrows) for 3 full games. That is fantasy land. At some point, the condition will feel tight, then hopefully open up again with the right moves.

If you miss right and the ball doesn't return, first thought - don't miss right.
Second thought, why did you lose your adult bumper?

If you believe it's carry down, move right. If the reaction improves, great! One shot should tell you instantly.

If you believe the ball has lost rotational energy, due to increased friction (ie. reactive balls rolling over the same spot repeatedly, and into the same general break point down lane), please move left.

https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bowlin ... revisited/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve
Nord

Post by Nord »

Trolling?
Really?

I am trying to explain a very weird lane condition that developed that did not fall into any of the normal lane transition types that people are used to seeing.

Every bowler at Surf experienced it and bowled under average.
The best bowlers there were victims of it, not just us average bowlers.

Surf is right on the beach.
San Diego is in the midst of a heat wave with very high humidity.
The air conditioning in Surf is broken and it was super humid in the lanes.
They had the ceiling fans going full blast but it barely helped.

What Bill, one of the managers there and top bowlers said was that, the oil lost all viscosity due to the high heat and humidity and essentially turned to water.
Every time a ball went down the lane it just spread watery oil all over the lane in patches.
Balls would hook, stop, hook, stop and so on.
There could not be a consistent reaction.
The more bowling that occurred on a lane the worse it got.
Which is why he told me the first game was ok, but then quickly fell apart.
I of course did not know this was happening and was trying to adjust based on a normal expected lane transition.

I am not really sure there is any ball that could combat that.
He told me not to worry about it, that they are trying to get the air conditioning fixed for next week.
Full Roller
stevespo

Post by stevespo »

My troll comment was a joke, so sorry for that. I'm clearly not being helpful - although I am trying.

Your lanes got a little tight and you moved right, right, right - and each time the ball overhooked. The first one should have been enough. The other shots were unnecessary, a wasted opportunity. Do you see that?

My closest friend and someone who I've bowled with since 1978 is uncomfortable making a 2:1 move left. He makes parallel moves and varies ball speed and hand position. He's physically solid and could be a 210 bowler, but he's stuck at 180. We have a great time every week. He's happy, I'm happy - so be it.

IMO, what you should have been looking for was more length, more energy at the breakpoint.
It's easy to test. Just try the 2:1 move left next time you make a good shot and flat 10.
You want hold to the left, friction to the right. That is what creates area. I'm not the only one telling you this.

Once you find the friction (it was there in abundance!), look for the hold. That is all I am saying.

Steve