Introducin my new project: My Bowling Club Website

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bowlingnear
Preferred Company: Columbia

Introducin my new project: My Bowling Club Website

Post by bowlingnear »

Hello friends, I do not know if this is the right thread to put this, but in any case I think it may be of interest to all of us who practice this sport.

We have worked very hard for months to get the most extensive and complete database of bowling alleys in the United States.

It is a very ambitious project in which we have invested many hours and we would like it to be useful for all bowling fans.

For that reason, if you have any suggestions or corrections to make we will thank you. We are human and mistakes are inherent in our nature.

You can visit the website here: https://www.mybowlingclubwebsite.com

Thank you all in advance and greetings.
MyBowlingClubWebsite dot com
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Re: Introducin my new project: My Bowling Club Website

Post by MegaMav »

You're definitely missing some bowling centers in my area.
The big one is Saratoga Strike Zone in Saratoga Springs, NY.
bowlingnear
Preferred Company: Columbia

Post by bowlingnear »

Ok, I take note and I'm going to investigate it... maybe it's a bug in the database for that whole area.

Thanks!
MyBowlingClubWebsite dot com
spmcgivern
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" and 1/4" up
Speed: 17-18 at pindeck
Rev Rate: 400

Post by spmcgivern »

To be honest, I am confused on what the actual service you are trying to provide. The information I receive for the city of Houston is odd. You have non-bowling center results and not all centers are included.

Also not sure if using stock photos is any better than actual photos of the centers in question. I would rather see no photos than photos that may not represent the location.

Using Google I came up with more locations for bowling in Houston and it was more accurate.

I wish you the best of luck. Can you tell us what the ultimate goal is with the site?

Edit:

Others beware, the OP is shown in Houston, doesn't get Houston information correct and uses a Turkish actor's photo. I hope I am wrong and this is legit, but be careful.

Again, good luck.
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

spmcgivern wrote:
Edit:

Others beware, the OP is shown in Houston, doesn't get Houston information correct and uses a Turkish actor's photo. I hope I am wrong and this is legit, but be careful.

Again, good luck.
The info for around here is incomplete and outdated, Looks like it came from a old database originally.

Tried looking the domain info up, looks like it heads out of the country towards Spain .

So yes it looks a little shaky.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
JimH
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by JimH »

Out of curiosity I looked my home town area and found two centers with the same address. Boonton Lanes and Pizza Hut, both at 720 Myrtle Ave., Boonton, NJ. You might check it for an error.

I went back to the website and noticed two places in Sparta NJ. One was called 'Sparta Lanes' and the other 'Strykers Pub-Sparta Lanes.' Both had the same telephone number.

It looks like some local knowledge is required to get this data cleaned up. Come on people, look up the area you are familiar with and provide some corrections to the creators of this new service. When it gets right it could become great.