3 point targeting

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

djcs1204
Preferred Company: Roto Grip

3 point targeting

Post by djcs1204 »

Can someone go on depth a little.more on this than the videos I find on YouTube? Am I always gonna have to setup super far right (for me, anything right of 20 is foreign land) and play such a tight shot using this system for a 38-40' THS?
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: 3 point targeting

Post by bowl1820 »

djcs1204 wrote:Can someone go on depth a little.more on this than the videos I find on YouTube? Am I always gonna have to setup super far right (for me, anything right of 20 is foreign land) and play such a tight shot using this system for a 38-40' THS?
You should read the Kegel article:
Understanding 3 Point Targeting with Quiet Eye in 7 Easy Steps. By Rick Wiltse

http://www.kegel.net/inside-line/2016/3 ... nrk4tpicv0

It's pretty simple and this video basically goes with it.

3-Point Targeting: Teen Masters Skill Experience video #7 in a series of 10 from the experts at the Kegel Training Center.
With Rick Wiltse
[youtube][/youtube]
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Try hitting each of those points shown in the picture in step 3 in the Kegel article. Do that with a straight ball, this will help you figure out where to stand, how to hit those boards.
This is sort of pretending the pattern calls for it. I say pretend, because you can't lay down the oil pattern.
While learning and practicing focus on the process of body alignment, where to slide and lay the ball down to get the ball to the points of contact on the pins.
The primary objective when learning is not scoring, it is execution.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
djcs1204
Preferred Company: Roto Grip

Post by djcs1204 »

Thank you very much for the reply. I tried to use the targeting system tonight and went 245-223-178. I just couldn't keep up with transition when it started breaking down. I was thoroughly happy with how I threw the ball, and how it tightened up my mechanics. I will definitely try this with a plastic ball very soon.