Fitness - Steve Kloempken quote BJI June 2018

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Fitness - Steve Kloempken quote BJI June 2018

Post by kajmk »

Having recently seen Steve bowl on TV, it's easy to see has taken care of his body.
He is in his late 40's To some of you old, to others young. There is an old saying that "your forties are that time of life when your body makes you pay for how you have treated it."

"If you talk to Ameleto Monacelli or you talk to Lonnie Waliczek or any of these fitness gurus, you've got to exercise regularly and you can't just put crap in your body. You've got to eat foods that have some nutrients in there that help feed your muscles. If you keep the weight off, your joints function better. If you don't find a way to maintain some kind of strength and endurance and flexibility and keep your cardiovascular system at a healthy level, your just not going to win"
USBC Hall of Famer, Steve Kloempken

"Win" transcends bowling, win for all of your loved ones and friends, live a long happy life.

No time the the present!

Encourage others and yourself to become better today than yesterday. Many of us influence others whether we overtly try to or not. It's not about ego, it's about helping others.

Buena Suerte!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
Nord
THS Average: 180
Speed: 12-14 mph at Foul Line
Rev Rate: 120
Axis Tilt: 0
Axis Rotation: 90
Heavy Oil Ball: Visionary Midnight Scorcher Particle Urethane
Medium Oil Ball: DV8 Poison
Light Oil Ball: Brunswick True Motion

Re: Fitness - Steve Kloempken quote BJI June 2018

Post by Nord »

Agree 100%.
I have worked out in the gym with weights since I was 16 and continue to this day.
I have 13% body fat, eat right and a recent extensive full physical shows perfect health.
If you treat it right it will last you and you will not just be in good shape, but you will have a more enjoyable life.
Full Roller
Axis Rotation: 90
Axis Tilt: 0
PAP: 6 3/16 x 2 5/8
Rev rate: 145
Ball speed: 13 mph at launch
Composite Average: 180
High Game: 269 bowled with Pitch Black.
High Series: 683 clean using the DV8 Poison Solid.