Rev Rate: 265
Axis Tilt: 5
Axis Rotation: 83
Heavy Oil Ball: Crux Pearl
Medium Oil Ball: GB2 MVP
Preferred Company: Hammer

4 right 2 up PAP

Post by Spartacus »

Hi, my friend has a very low track and I am asking a general question: medium revs, and a lot of spin (not UFO but ~1/3 of the way there) Should I treat his PAP like a typical reference point to layout or is there something totally different (dare I ask about Rico?!) fora low,low track with an added dose of spin?

Looking at his balls they are all 1-3" length Pins. He said no one ever looked at his PAP to drill . They were drilled all about the same, pin over ring and CG slightly to the right of the thumb.
He has a Code Red that he threw a 300 with this year that is the most "normal" looking for his PAP, it measures 50 x 3" x 35.
PAP 4.5 right 1.125 up
Axis Tilt 5
Axis Rotation 83
Loft 5-6 feet
265 RPM
15mph calculated Foul Line to Headpin throwing 15#
<equipment junkie>
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: 4 right 2 up PAP

Post by EricHartwell »

Spartacus wrote:Hi, my friend has a very low track and I am asking a general question: medium revs, and a lot of spin (not UFO but ~1/3 of the way there) Should I treat his PAP like a typical reference point to layout or is there something totally different (dare I ask about Rico?!) fora low,low track with an added dose of spin?

Looking at his balls they are all 1-3" length Pins. He said no one ever looked at his PAP to drill . They were drilled all about the same, pin over ring and CG slightly to the right of the thumb.
He has a Code Red that he threw a 300 with this year that is the most "normal" looking for his PAP, it measures 50 x 3" x 35.
Utilize his PAP 4" over and 2" up as the typical reference point.

As for Rico, with a PAP measurement of 4" over and 2" up, it would measure out to 80-4 3/8-110
Not a Dual Angle layout I would recommend for anyone.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand