Haus Tips

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

dozer324
Preferred Company: storm

Haus Tips

Post by dozer324 »

Looking for some tips using the Haus machine with abralon pads. My questions are in regard to time and water. Im generally doing 2 minutes with 500 grit, and a minute for the next grit. I'm also using a steady drip of water and wetting the pads and ball before.

My main issue is that I'm getting rounded holes and the edges of the logos are rounded as well. Is this normal for the Haus? With the diamonds rings I get no rounding, it seems to happen from the abralon steps.

My experience is limited to sanding and polishing on a ball spinner, but not full resurfacing, any tips are greatly appreciated.
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 120
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/4 x 1 ^
Preferred Company: I prefer them all

Re: Haus Tips

Post by MeNoRevs »

dozer324 wrote:Looking for some tips using the Haus machine with abralon pads. My questions are in regard to time and water. Im generally doing 2 minutes with 500 grit, and a minute for the next grit. I'm also using a steady drip of water and wetting the pads and ball before.

My main issue is that I'm getting rounded holes and the edges of the logos are rounded as well. Is this normal for the Haus? With the diamonds rings I get no rounding, it seems to happen from the abralon steps.

My experience is limited to sanding and polishing on a ball spinner, but not full resurfacing, any tips are greatly appreciated.
I have had my share of experinces with Haus from rebuilding Gen1 to designing plastic wheels instead of using metal to put the pads on.

For your questions...

I have not had issues with rounding holes. What wheels are you using to put on the pads, the ring type or the full disk? The ring type will only put pressure on where the ring makes contact with the pads.

For logos, Yes. you will sometimes see the edges start to feather away.

What are you using as material to sand? Abralon or 3M pads?
snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Post by snick »

I believe the rounding issues are caused by the soft backing on the pads allowing the abrasive to drop into the holes of the ball slightly.

I use graduated velcro/plastic sanding inserts on CAB for resurfacing and plug cutting on a spinner. No dishing of the holes or engravings with this method.
I use the SAAIR pads on CAB for adjusting the bowling surface.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º
dozer324
Preferred Company: storm

Post by dozer324 »

MeNoRevs wrote:
I have had my share of experinces with Haus from rebuilding Gen1 to designing plastic wheels instead of using metal to put the pads on.

For your questions...

I have not had issues with rounding holes. What wheels are you using to put on the pads, the ring type or the full disk? The ring type will only put pressure on where the ring makes contact with the pads.

For logos, Yes. you will sometimes see the edges start to feather away.

What are you using as material to sand? Abralon or 3M pads?
I'm using the full disks with abralon pads, I have a feeling it is due to the cushion of the pad allowing it to round the edges.

I can use the diamond rings with abralon pads???