Dual Angle videos

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
gbabione
THS Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/4 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

Dual Angle videos

Post by gbabione »

I have been on these forums for a few years and have studied the wiki over and over. Although I'm mediocre at best at this system, I do understand it. Where I have the biggest problems are picturing how the different layouts will react and how to apply the system. I think it would be very helpful to have videos of the same ball drilled in many different layouts to show how the different pieces of the puzzle effect the reaction of the ball as it goes through the phases and transitions. These balls would be marked in a way to see it clearly going through the phases.
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Re: Dual Angle videos

Post by 44boyd »

Well if you look at the Radical throwbot videos, they always show 2 different layouts with all of their “bowlers”. And as many have said before, that specific drilling on that ball will look different on another ball. So many variables come into play with core, rg, cover stock etc..
Stacy
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

gbabione wrote:I have been on these forums for a few years and have studied the wiki over and over. Although I'm mediocre at best at this system, I do understand it. Where I have the biggest problems are picturing how the different layouts will react and how to apply the system. I think it would be very helpful to have videos of the same ball drilled in many different layouts to show how the different pieces of the puzzle effect the reaction of the ball as it goes through the phases and transitions. These balls would be marked in a way to see it clearly going through the phases.
Sure that's a great idea, But depending on just how many "different layouts" it probably would be impracticable do to the costs. Plus to do it right you would need a throbot.

Now with the Blueprint software you could simulate it, It's not the same as watching a actual ball roll down the lane but...
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
gbabione
THS Average: 211
Positive Axis Point: 5 x 1/4 up
Speed: 18
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 11
Axis Rotation: 65
Heavy Oil Ball: Proton Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Phase 2
Light Oil Ball: IQ Emerald
Preferred Company: Storm

Post by gbabione »

I understand the cost if having to drill equipment just for this purpose. I was thinking there are enough balls drilled with talented enough bowlers throwing them that having them video taped with round stickers at certain points with talented videographers able to show the ball going through the phases. I had seen a couple videos like this, but they are to quick and are not explained good enough. I would like to see the difference between a long and short hook phase. How a smaller drill angle reacts different to a large drill angle. Same for the VAL angle. Also, how does the angle sums affect the reaction. Everything can be understood on paper, but until it's seen, it's not really understood.
It's still a guessing game when drilling a new ball, until I guess you've drilled quite a few, because every one has it's own characteristics. I thought the last 2 balls were layed out exceptionally well for me because I have been scoring so well. Then I go to a Storm Matchmaker event and left there in awe. I haven't been that impressed since my first Hammer demo with the Blade and Diesel particles and Blade Pearl. It's the most excited I've been about bowling since 2000.
Guy Babione

Right Handed
PAP 5" by 1/4" up
65* rotation
11* tilt
375 rev rate
18 mph off hand
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

I think 44boyd had what you were looking for.

For some examples, go to http://radicalbowling.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
click on balls and then click on a specific ball
scroll down to Downloads and select video.

Here is an example of the Quick Fix video from youtube (same video found on Radical Bowling Technology):

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;