Finding axis rotation and tilt for left handed bowlers

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Leftychic8185
Preferred Company: 900 Global

Finding axis rotation and tilt for left handed bowlers

Post by Leftychic8185 »

Ok quick question here i hope.
I searched for a answer on here but didnt see it. If i missed the thread on here talking about this, please paste a link for me so i can go read it thanks.
My question.
This coming week i want to find my axis tilt, axis rotation, and rev rate. I have read all the write ups and seen all the conversion charts but every thing is explained and designed for right hand bowlers. I am left handed.
So when im using the axis chart am i to just reverse the image to get my left handed axis numbers? The reason i ask is because the chart is somewhat 3 dimensional so when i flip the image it doesnt fit on the ball the same.
Im sure someone has a really easy solution on here.
Thanks in advance.
snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Re: Finding axis rotation and tilt for left handed bowlers

Post by snick »

Axis Tilt can be measured accurately with an Armadillo, along with some simple math:
2(13.5 minus initial track to initial PAP distance); then use that value to find the tilt angle on the chart from the wiki.

Axis Rotation is a bit harder to measure accurately, even with the overlay, since the camera height and alignment with the ball launch angle are factors.
Not sure I understand the problem with flipping the overlay for left-handed; it's one quarter of a circle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º
Leftychic8185
Preferred Company: 900 Global

Re: Finding axis rotation and tilt for left handed bowlers

Post by Leftychic8185 »

Awesome thank you so much. With that chart i can measure it much better!
Last night when i would flip the chart in publisher it kept obscuring the lines. I have a sort of stop motion on my camera so i can freeze the ball at realease, but as far as programs, publisher is about as advanced as i have and i really wanted to get it right the fist time.
Thanks again!!