Black Widow Urerhane

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

Hitchhiker42
Preferred Company: Brunswick or Columbia

Re: Black Widow Urerhane

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

Thanks, I don't have many videos, but this is one of the first throws with it on the day i got it. Not easy to see my hand but you can see that the ball goes straight down the lane.

This is an Instagram link since .mp4 is not allowed on the site and i dont YouTube.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if this helps.
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Post by 44boyd »

You’re on top of the ball so it’s hard to get anything on it. With your issues coming back from injury I would suggest a wrist support to help get into a better release position.
Stacy
Hitchhiker42

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

Thanks Stacy, but my injury isn't in my hand or arm. Just the front of my shoulder and it doesn't hurt at all, doesn't cause me to roll any different just make me not able to use a heavier ball at this time.

But thanks for looking!
44boyd
Preferred Company: Radical, Brunswick

Post by 44boyd »

That’s good there is no pain but what I meant was the loss of strength is not letting you stay under the ball. If you work on trying to stay under it longer then you should see better motion, with or without a brace. A brace might help you get there and the feeling of where your hand should be quicker than without. Good luck
Stacy
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

I can't be sure but it looks like you have a conventional grip. It will be much easier to make the ball hook with a fingertip grip. -- JohnP
Hitchhiker42

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

I don't trust a fingertip grip.

I know what i need to do, i know i let go of the ball wrong, all 3 fingers at the same time. I tried to correct it yesterday, tried cupping the ball on the back swing, allowing my thumb to come out first and twisting my arm slightly as the fingers release. Threw 5 games and managed to do it twice.

My 11# Nitrous felt better when trying and the Widow is too heavy right now.

I got a foam ball for training it, I'll see if this helps get the feel of throwing correctly.
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

Post by MegaMav »

Fingertip allows the ball to roll off the hand without effort.
No cupping, just roll the ball.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Hitch, you seem to be passionate about bowling and we need more people like you bowling so we can grow the sport. I took the time to look at your video and observed several things about your timing, spine alignment and footwork that should be addressed before we worry about balls and release. A good release can only be achieved by consistently getting to a good leverage position at the foul line. In my opinion you should stay with a conventional grip until the other aspects I mentioned are solid. Look for a certified coach in your area that can work with you every other week and practice in between sessions 3-4 times a week what is taught in the lessons. You have an athletic background so improvement should not take long. Always listen to your body, bowling shouldn't hurt and a qualified coach will know how to work with your injuries.

You can also post videos in the certified coaching section and will be given free advice by our certified coaches, just follow the video instructions given in that section of our forum.

Enjoy and keep bowling!
Last edited by TonyPR on January 12th, 2018, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
Hitchhiker42

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

TonyPR wrote:Stacy, you seem to be passionate about bowling and we need more people like you bowling so we can grow the sport. I took the time to look at your video and observed several things about your timing, spine alignment and footwork that should be addressed before we worry about balls and release. A good release can only be achieved by consistently getting to a good leverage position at the foul line. In my opinion you should stay with a conventional grip until the other aspects I mentioned are solid. Look for a certified coach in your area that can work with you every other week and practice in between sessions 3-4 times a week what is taught in the lessons. You have an athletic background so improvement should not take long. Always listen to your body, bowling shouldn't hurt and a qualified coach will know how to work with your injuries.

You can also post videos in the certified coaching section and will be given free advice by our certified coaches, just follow the video instructions given in that section of our forum.

Enjoy and keep bowling!
I figure this was directed at me, not actually Stacy.
I'm Hitch.

First coaching lesson is today. Wish me luck. At my age, I may not get able to break bad habits. I've been bowling this way forever. It served me quite well until everything changed with balls, patterns, injuries, etc.
TonyPR
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by TonyPR »

Sorry, yes it was meant for you and when I was looking for your name somehow I made the mistake Hitch. Good luck in your lesson and please keep us posted, old habits can be changed one at a time, you can do it if you really want it. It has been proven it takes about 1,500 repetitions for a movement to become second nature, do drills and forget about score for now, the rewards are sure to come.
Silver Level Coach
Kegel KCMP1 and KCMP2 Completed /Approved Exam
Kegel KCMP3 Completed
Kegel Certified Pro Shop Operator
Free agent
PowerFluffer
THS Average: 224
Positive Axis Point: 4.25"Right, .5"Up
Speed: 15mph on the monitor
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 15*
Axis Rotation: 45*
Heavy Oil Ball: Ebonite Verdict.
Medium Oil Ball: Track Paradox Trilogy, Hammer Gauntlet.
Light Oil Ball: Hammer Black Urethane, Columbia Jazz.
Preferred Company: Ebonite Unternational

Post by PowerFluffer »

EricHartwell wrote: You are going to want to wipe the ball off. Leaving oil on the ball will reduce the reaction and it will make for carry down that will make the game more difficult for you and all the other bowlers bowling on your pair. Your teammates will want you to wipe it off.

A question for our readers...
Has anybody tried to shine the Black Widow Urethane?
Hello Eric. I tried to do a quick shine on one of my BW Urethanes. No visible difference-still looks and hooks like 500 Abralon. Spent more time on my other one, 2000-4000-Finesse. Can barely tell the difference visually but it skids further, maybe 10 extra feet. I remember my original Black Hammer decades ago, dull scuffed finish, throw it in the Lustre-King for a bucks worth and it came out looking like a marble!! I heard from my District Sales Mgr that a ProShop owner in Vegas spent about 2 hours getting one to shine. He was using one of the newer factory "Machines" to refinish it in stages before he polished on the spinner. I'll probably try again sometime.
Track Advisory Staff
SS PBA Member; Northwest Region
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Post by EricHartwell »

PowerFluffer wrote: Hello Eric. I tried to do a quick shine on one of my BW Urethanes. No visible difference-still looks and hooks like 500 Abralon. Spent more time on my other one, 2000-4000-Finesse. Can barely tell the difference visually but it skids further, maybe 10 extra feet. I remember my original Black Hammer decades ago, dull scuffed finish, throw it in the Lustre-King for a bucks worth and it came out looking like a marble!! I heard from my District Sales Mgr that a ProShop owner in Vegas spent about 2 hours getting one to shine. He was using one of the newer factory "Machines" to refinish it in stages before he polished on the spinner. I'll probably try again sometime.
My old blue Hammer wouldn't sand up to a shine. 1000 grit was the best my proshop guy could do back in the day on it. The original Black hammer shined easily. I have also heard that today's Purple Hammer won't shine up either.
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand