Advisory Staff Question

Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your general questions, and get straight answers.

Moderators: Mo Pinel, purduepaul, MathIsTruth, ballspinner

Forum rules
Ask Mo Pinel and the bowling industry's best your questions, and get straight answers.
This forum is moderated exclusively by Mo & Friends.
Jmc1972

Advisory Staff Question

Post by Jmc1972 »

I’ve been offered an Advisory Staff position with Monster Bowling. I’ve never been offered a staff position before. What’s typicial in an Advisory contract?

Thanks!
Speed 17.5 off-hand
Rev 275
Tilt 17*
Rot 75*
PAP 4 over 1 3/8 up

Cash, More Cash, Katana x2, Fix, Quick Fix, Intel, Beyond Ridiculous, Tremendous Pearl, Guru Limited, Cyclops Pearl, True Motion & Radical Spare (Waiting to ship - Katana Slash)

snick
BCU Graduate Layouts
BCU Graduate Layouts
THS Average: 196
Sport Average: 180
Positive Axis Point: 5.5625" x .625 up
Speed: 17 off hand
Rev Rate: 360
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 55
Heavy Oil Ball: Storm Physix
Medium Oil Ball: Storm Streetfight
Light Oil Ball: Rotogrip Hustle Pearl
Preferred Company: Rotogrip

Re: Advisory Staff Question

Post by snick »

Purchase a specific number of their products at a discount.
Post positive reviews on social media and forums.
Benchmark Bowling Pro Shop
Byron

RH
PAP: 5.5625 x .625 up
REVRATE: 360
SPEED: 17mph at release
AR: 55º
AT: 17º
Jmc1972

Post by Jmc1972 »

snick wrote:Purchase a specific number of their products at a discount.
Post positive reviews on social media and forums.
Is that typical? The discount isn’t much. I get a better discount from my local PSO. Also, how do their balls rate? I’ve never seen one.

Thanks!
Speed 17.5 off-hand
Rev 275
Tilt 17*
Rot 75*
PAP 4 over 1 3/8 up

Cash, More Cash, Katana x2, Fix, Quick Fix, Intel, Beyond Ridiculous, Tremendous Pearl, Guru Limited, Cyclops Pearl, True Motion & Radical Spare (Waiting to ship - Katana Slash)

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

Jmc1972 wrote: Is that typical? The discount isn’t much. I get a better discount from my local PSO. Also, how do their balls rate? I’ve never seen one.

Thanks!
https://monster-bowling.com/

Monster is a small regional company, started by three guys around Syracuse with a small production (They only have 4 balls) and the balls were poured by Global last I heard.

Article about them:
http://www.syracuse.com/bowling/index.s ... ustry.html

The name comes up on the other sites once in a blue moon, either by someone that just ran across them or possibly shilling for them trying to create buzz.

Looking at their Advisory Staff (The Monster Squad) application, It looks like they'd take just about anybody. They must just be trying to get interest going in the brand.

To me Most low level staff positions are like being in a booster club for the local high school or college football team.

You join and run around promoting the team, you can't be seen going to some other schools game or wear their colors and for that you get some stickers for your car, pom poms, a banner and maybe get a ticket to the game for half price.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Jmc1972

Post by Jmc1972 »

bowl1820 wrote:
https://monster-bowling.com/

Monster is a small regional company, started by three guys around Syracuse with a small production (They only have 4 balls) and the balls were poured by Global last I heard.

Article about them:
http://www.syracuse.com/bowling/index.s ... ustry.html

The name comes up on the other sites once in a blue moon, either by someone that just ran across them or possibly shilling for them trying to create buzz.

Looking at their Advisory Staff (The Monster Squad) application, It looks like they'd take just about anybody. They must just be trying to get interest going in the brand.

To me Most low level staff positions are like being in a booster club for the local high school or college football team.

You join and run around promoting the team, you can't be seen going to some other schools game or wear their colors and for that you get some stickers for your car, pom poms, a banner and maybe get a ticket to the game for half price.
That makes sense. The odd part is the discount is worse than what I get from my local PSO and slightly better than what normal league bowlers get for simply bowling in a league. Also, it’s NOT a requirement to use their balls which I find VERY strange. I’m not signing for a multitude of reasons.

It seems to me that a small company like this would want to saturate the market if their goal was to go big. I’m no business major....oh wait a minute, YES I AM....I forgot I do hold a degree in Business and my profession is in Sales and Marketing if a small company wants to become a big name they would have in their business plan to saturate the market with name which include getting their gear in the hands of bowlers across the nation in large markets where they can be seen and they wouldn’t charge a lot to get the balls out. That’s another conversation

Thanks for the info - hopefully I can get picked up by Radical and use my my Marketing skills to move their gear - they are who I really want to partners with any way.
Speed 17.5 off-hand
Rev 275
Tilt 17*
Rot 75*
PAP 4 over 1 3/8 up

bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by bowl1820 »

Jmc1972 wrote:
That makes sense. The odd part is the discount is worse than what I get from my local PSO and slightly better than what normal league bowlers get for simply bowling in a league. Also, it’s NOT a requirement to use their balls which I find VERY strange. I’m not signing for a multitude of reasons.
Doesn't sound that odd.

If all anyone has to do is sign up to be a staffer with them, I wouldn't think they'd give you a huge discount and it would be hard to require a exclusivity agreement if they didn't give you a bigger one.
It seems to me that a small company like this would want to saturate the market if their goal was to go big.
I’m no business major, but them being a small company they probably can't afford to do it. It costs money to get balls poured.
Thanks for the info - hopefully I can get picked up by Radical and use my my Marketing skills to move their gear - they are who I really want to partners with any way.
Good luck with that. Work up a resume and show you can move some product, You never know.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
Jmc1972

Post by Jmc1972 »

bowl1820 wrote:
Doesn't sound that odd.

If all anyone has to do is sign up to be a staffer with them, I wouldn't think they'd give you a huge discount and it would be hard to require a exclusivity agreement if they didn't give you a bigger one.

I’m no business major, but them being a small company they probably can't afford to do it. It costs money to get balls poured.

Good luck with that. Work up a resume and show you can move some product, You never know.

It does cost money to get product out which is precisely why it needs to be in the business plan and perhaps it was. It is a quick item to strike if the full funding isn’t reached to begin production. All I was pointing out is a way to get meet their objective.

I appreciate the info! Hope you have a great day! I’m off to a meeting.
Speed 17.5 off-hand
Rev 275
Tilt 17*
Rot 75*
PAP 4 over 1 3/8 up