BALL LAYOUT

Bowling ball related topics including new products, arsenals and comparisons.

Moderator: Moderators

bowler389

BALL LAYOUT

Post by bowler389 »

I wanted a pin down down layout to create earlier roll but the CG and weight hole location what does that mean in how the ball reacts, so I am curious on what this layout means and what should I expect with it. I do not know my PAP but I am a two handed bowler throw 16-17 mph with around 550 revs. \
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EricHartwell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 4-3/4" and 1/2"up
Speed: 16 off hand
Rev Rate: 330
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical Tremendous, EVO solid, Hammer Obsession
Medium Oil Ball: EVO pearl, True Motion, Columbia Command, DV8 Intimidator
Light Oil Ball: Blue Hammer

Re: BALL LAYOUT

Post by EricHartwell »

bowler389 wrote:I wanted a pin down down layout to create earlier roll but the CG and weight hole location what does that mean in how the ball reacts, so I am curious on what this layout means and what should I expect with it. I do not know my PAP but I am a two handed bowler throw 16-17 mph with around 550 revs. \
It is a common misconception that "Pin Down" layouts roll earlier.
"Pin Down" layouts do not roll earlier. They have a long slow hook zone as compared to "Pin Up" layouts.

If you would like assistance on finding a layout that will roll earlier for you there is more information needed. Tilt and Rotation are 2 very important parameters. Your PAP will need to be known to figure this out.
Check out this link for help in figuring those out.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric Hartwell

Right Handed
PAP 4.75" up 1/2"
45* rotation
12* tilt
330 rev rate
16 mph off hand