BOWLING BALL LAYOUT

You can post any bowling related topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bowler389

BOWLING BALL LAYOUT

Post by bowler389 »

I wanted a pin down down layout to create earlier roll but the CG and weight hole location what does that mean in how the ball reacts, so I am curious on what this layout means and what should I expect with it. I do not know my PAP but I am a two handed bowler throw 16-17 mph with around 550 revs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop
THS Average: 120
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/4 x 1 ^
Preferred Company: I prefer them all

Re: BOWLING BALL LAYOUT

Post by MeNoRevs »

bowler389 wrote:I wanted a pin down down layout to create earlier roll but the CG and weight hole location what does that mean in how the ball reacts, so I am curious on what this layout means and what should I expect with it. I do not know my PAP but I am a two handed bowler throw 16-17 mph with around 550 revs.
Before we say anything, do you put your thumb in the ball when throwing it 2 handed?
bowler389

Post by bowler389 »

MeNoRevs wrote:
Before we say anything, do you put your thumb in the ball when throwing it 2 handed?
No I don't not use my thumb
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by MeNoRevs »

bowler389 wrote:
No I don't not use my thumb
OK, well the ball will be illegal for you to throw in USBC sanctioned leagues or tournaments. If you do not use your thumb, you cannot have both a thumb hole and weight hole. In that case, I believe everything else is mute.
bowlingforsoup
Preferred Company: any

Post by bowlingforsoup »

I see this all the time in my area.2 handers using other peoples balls that are not layed out for them.Have busted several bubbles in leagues.Amazing how many 2 handers that dont understand the new layout rules for 2 handers.They seem to get really pissed when they get zero for games bowled with them.
bowler389

Post by bowler389 »

MeNoRevs wrote:
OK, well the ball will be illegal for you to throw in USBC sanctioned leagues or tournaments. If you do not use your thumb, you cannot have both a thumb hole and weight hole. In that case, I believe everything else is mute.
I haven't bought the ball yet, but would i have to redrill the entire ball or could i just plug one of the holes and use it?
MeNoRevs
Pro Shop
Pro Shop

Post by MeNoRevs »

bowler389 wrote:
I haven't bought the ball yet, but would i have to redrill the entire ball or could i just plug one of the holes and use it?
I am fairly confident without putting the ball on the scale, that you would have to plug the whole thing because of the static weights rule. If you plug the thumb, probably to much thumb, if you plug the weight hole, to much side.
elgavachon
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by elgavachon »

Are you sure you can throw a pin down ball and not roll over the finger holes? I can not put that layout on a ball for any of the 2 handers I drill for, because they roll over the finger holes.