How to adress tendinosis,tendinitis in the slide knee-area?

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

PinChurch
THS Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 right 3/4up
Speed: 17,0 (Specto)
Rev Rate: 322
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 40

How to adress tendinosis,tendinitis in the slide knee-area?

Post by PinChurch »

Hello!

For a long time, I have struggled with shooting pain in the slide leg. It begins within the knee area and beam out to the hole leg. The pain starts when I get stuck in the slide and then it is nearly inpossible to continue bowling. It continues for a long time after the session and never stops hurting for several days or never though I bowl several hours per day.

I have done a lot of searching and have come up with possible tendinitis injury in the upper tendis over the knee, but I need help to find out why I get this tendinitis to start with.

Do you guys know some drills or methods to use till I get some help and remove the illfitting approatch steps that cause the pain?
JMerrell
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 5 1/8" x 1/2" up
Speed: 16 mph @ foul line
Rev Rate: 230
Axis Tilt: 20
Axis Rotation: 50

Re: How to adress tendinosis,tendinitis in the slide knee-ar

Post by JMerrell »

A video of your approach (back or side) could reveal the cause.
-JMerrell
"Simplify the Motion.....Maximize the Results"
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

What does your doctor say? Medical diagnosis is highly advisable, so that a proper course of action can be taken, for example, rest, rehab and recovery. Improving mobility, flexibility and strength. Hopefully, the nature of the condition is minor.

Some people that bowl sometimes forget that warming up the muscles and joints prior to bowling are extremely important. The act of bowling can put a lot of stress on joints, muscles and tendons. There are several videos (Youtube) on warm ups for Bowling under the auspices of USBC.
Richard Shockley has at least one on his virtual bowling academy. USBC, also has fitness videos as well.

Technique certainly matters, as bad technique can be a time bomb, your video will reduce/eliminate guess work. Bad technique coupled with not warming up, cooling down, strength and flexibility issues, shortens the fuse.

Keep in mind though, that you need to address any damage or weakness that is a player in the game. If you have a medical situation, the technique will NOT cure it.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
PinChurch
THS Average: 196
Positive Axis Point: 4 5/8 right 3/4up
Speed: 17,0 (Specto)
Rev Rate: 322
Axis Tilt: 10
Axis Rotation: 40

Post by PinChurch »

Thanks for the aswers. I can see if I can get a video.
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Although it would make things easier, anatomy is not cookie cutter precise. We are all a bit unique, and at times the devil is in the details.
Get well and stay well.

Here is something for you to view. Be sure to read and heed the disclaimer

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Also note very well, that there are some exercises and exercise machines that can do more harm than good. There are a few that Physical therapists would eliminate from gyms if they could.

Professional sports teams retain therapists and trainers to take care of their athletes for a reason. They are optimizing, enhancing, caring for athletes.

You can bet that if a player has symptoms, they will get sound medical advice.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
stevespo
THS Average: 225
Positive Axis Point: 5.75" x + 3/8"
Speed: 17+ off hand (camera)
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 12
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Phaze II, Altered Reality
Medium Oil Ball: IQ Tour Nano, Zen, Phase III
Light Oil Ball: Electrify Pearl

Post by stevespo »

PinChurch wrote:For a long time, I have struggled with shooting pain in the slide leg. It begins within the knee area and beam out to the hole leg. The pain starts when I get stuck in the slide and then it is nearly inpossible to continue bowling. It continues for a long time after the session and never stops hurting for several days or never though I bowl several hours per day.
I'm not a medical professional, but have long suffered from knee issues. Multiple surgeries and ACL reconstruction. Can you be more specific about where the pain starts, and where it radiates to?

There are a lot of things happening around the knee, including the attachment points for the IT band, quads, and patella tendon. There are bursa sacs that can get inflamed. Internally, you may have a cartilage issue (meniscus) or ligament damage. Visit your doctor (or ortho) and get evaluated. Seek out a good physical therapist.

For me personally, it's made a world of difference to stretch every day and do strengthening 2-3x/week. My biggest issues were stabbing pain below the knee cap and on the outside of the joint, which is the attachment point for the IT band. Soreness on the outside of the quad may be another IT issue. Stretching and rolling the IT regularly has provided great relief. It's not fun!

Pain and inflammation below the kneecap and on the inside has been helped with quad stretches. Always work the hamstrings, hip flexors, glutes, ankle and foot stabilizers as well. Over the knee is not something I've experienced. Perhaps quad or patella releases?

See an ortho and PT. Test the approaches and reduce sticking. Use a shoe with interchangeable soles or a slide sock...

Steve
16 mph (14-14.5 on monitor), 375 rpm, PAP 5 1/2 x 3/8 up, AT: 12*, AR: 45*