2 handed bowler. Pain in the chest

Coaching help from all community members.

Moderator: Moderators

brood915

2 handed bowler. Pain in the chest

Post by brood915 »

Hello. My approach is pretty much the same as the one I posted here a few weeks ago, so I wont upload new vids.

I get pain right in the middle of the chest after bowling.. Do you guys know what I am doing wrong to cause this?... It is getting unbearable because it's really painful sometimes, especially when I sneeze -_-..

Tried some taking time off.. pain went away, but after bowling 10+ games, I get the pain back... It stays for about 2 weeks.. It's been like this ever since I switched to two handed..
bowl1820
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: 2 handed bowler. Pain in the chest

Post by bowl1820 »

If your having and getting unbearable chest pains, you need to go to a DOCTOR.
"REMEMBER, it isn't how much the ball hooks, it's where."
brood915

Post by brood915 »

bowl1820 wrote:If your having and getting unbearable chest pains, you need to go to a DOCTOR.
Wrong choice of a word I guess. It's not something that makes me worry about my health. It feels like some muscles are strained..
ChrisTan
Positive Axis Point: TBD soon
Speed: TBD soon
Axis Tilt: TBD
Axis Rotation: TBD

Post by ChrisTan »

2 handed uses a lot of shoulder rotation. My guess would be you pulled a muscle somewhere in your chest.
Chris
brood915

Post by brood915 »

ChrisTan wrote:2 handed uses a lot of shoulder rotation. My guess would be you pulled a muscle somewhere in your chest.
Do you think not locking my elbow on downswing might be the cause of this?
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Post by kajmk »

Do you have a warm up routine prior to bowling?
Do you bowl the games along?
If you bowl alone, allow time between shots. Either time it or pretend you are bowling someone else you see bowling when you are, perhaps several as in league.
Keep a video archive of yourself. Next time you visit your doctor, show him a video.
Study wiki videos on the wiki, compare you to them.
Bowling is an athletic endeavor, as a two handed, you will place more demands on your body, thus fitness and flexibility are paramount.

A thread on fitness with a few replies and different views
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12401&p=96227&hilit=Fitness#p96227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note especially the comments by Daryl and the resource(s) he noted
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12293&hilit=Injury" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link from the wiki.
http://www.coreperformance.com/daily/pl ... -know.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.usbcbowlingacademy.com/vide ... wn-005553/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also suggest you research appropriate warm ups and stretches and strength building regimens.

Opinion
Any athlete in any sport experiencing pain beyond normal fatigue and exertion should seek medical advice. You could be doing incremental damage that at some point might result in serious consequences that might put your bowling on the shelf for a while.
Sometimes you will hear of a non contact injury in football, that can be a situation where the athlete was doing incremental damage and the body did not repair or recover, one day the athlete cuts and goes down with a tear.

Read about a rather famous knee
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Namath" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't take risks with your well being.

Good luck!
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John