BowlingChat Blogger Network - *Cancelled*

Any website events or announcements will be posted here.

Moderator: Moderators

MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14
Axis Rotation: 45
Heavy Oil Ball: Radical - Informer
Medium Oil Ball: Brunswick - Fearless
Light Oil Ball: Radical - Bonus Pearl
Preferred Company: Radical Bowling Technologies

BowlingChat Blogger Network - *Cancelled*

Post by MegaMav »

BowlingChat Members,

I am looking to grow a bloggers network of enthusiastic bowlers or pro shop operators.
The blog can be anything bowling related.
This can include pro shop adventures, technical blog articles, bowlers experiences, book reviews, anything bowling related.

Im looking to add 1 blog/blogger per year, and it will be a LOCAL hosted blog here on BowlingChat.net, as a wordpress blog.
So far I have one blogger, kellytehuna, on Kiwi's Korner: http://kiwiskorner.bowlingchat.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was done as a trial, so far so good. (hes been slacking a bit lately :)).

How this will work:

1. Nominate a BowlingChat.net member you would like to see participate in a blog.
2. The nominee must accept the nomination on this thread.
3. All nominations and acceptances must be completed by March 31th.
4. April 1st I will open a voting thread with all of the nominees included, and BowlingChat.net members can vote on which nominee they would like to see get the blog space. Voting will close April 15th.
5. The winning blogger will get his blog for the 2013-2014 season, after the season, the blogger will have his blog reviewed for popularity and renewal for 2014-2015 season and beyond.

I encourage all nominees as part of their acceptance to "pitch" their blog idea as part of the nomination thread here and the voting thread to be set up in the future.
So, which BowlingChat.net member would you like to see with a blog?

-Eric
Bahshay

Re: BowlingChat Blogger Network - Nominations

Post by Bahshay »

Ok, I'll try to get the ball rolling on this. Problem is, I don't know who to nominate. Rather, I have an idea that would be useful to many of the bowlers on this forum.

On the forum threads, we cover a lot of the technical aspects of bowling. Coach Merrill and Mo also do a great job with describing correct form and diagnosing bowlers' flaws in that area. However, I think one key aspect of bowling gets lost in the shuffle on forums (not just this one): lane play.

What I'd like to see blogged: I'd like someone that bowls primarily on sport conditions or bowls on sport conditions often to write a blog about how the patterns play. This could cover:
- How the pattern SHOULD play according to the lane graphs
- How you played the lanes
- What ball/layout/surface you used
- How others who were scoring well played the lanes
- What ball they used (layout and surface might be tough to get, though rough estimates would help)
- How the lanes transitioned and how you adjusted to it (and whether it was the right or wrong move)
- Notes and takeaways from your experience on the pattern
- Tips for bowlers who are going to be bowling on the pattern

This forum is full of bowlers who thrive to be better and aim to bowl on tougher conditions whenever possible. The blog could be a key resource for bowlers inexperienced at a certain pattern/sport bowling in general, and I don't think another blog of its kind exists. In fact, that information is hard to find anywhere online for many patterns. Obviously it has the flaw that all patterns play different from house to house, but it would certainly give newer sport bowlers a starting point they could adjust from.

As for a nomination, the first person to come to mind would be JBungard. I make this recommendation based on how well written his ball reviews are and mentions in his ball reviews about how he plays on many different lane conditions. However, I do not know enough about the conditions he often bowls on, so if anyone else feels they are a good candidate to write a blog like this, please nominate yourself.
PAP- 4 1/8 over, 3/4 up
Speed - 17-18 monitor
Rev Rate - 475
Rotation - 65
Tilt - 12
kajmk
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Re: BowlingChat Blogger Network - Nominations

Post by kajmk »

JBungard, an excellent choice if he has the time and inclination.
May all beings everywhere be happy and free,
and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

John
MegaMav
THS Average: 225
Sport Average: 200
Positive Axis Point: 5.5 Over & 1 Up
Speed: 16.0 MPH - Camera
Rev Rate: 375
Axis Tilt: 14