Weight hole vs weight hole vs weight hole

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

kidlost2000
THS Average: 228
Positive Axis Point: 5.5
Speed: 16.5
Rev Rate: 300
Heavy Oil Ball: Wicked Siege, Perfection X
Medium Oil Ball: Wicked Siege x2 Speed Master
Light Oil Ball: Slingshot, Wicked Siege
Preferred Company: Brunswick/Revolution, Morich

Weight hole vs weight hole vs weight hole

Post by kidlost2000 »

After lots of reading online and watching vids of weight holes, size and location ect. I started wondering whats the difference?

I've used the Gradient Line Balance Hole method mostly but remember back on some Brunsnick vids and the lines started to blur.

The p1 location is considered a stable position and has less effect on the balls dynamics when compared to p2,3,and 4.

I think I just answered my question but I will continue.

Brunsnick has a vid on weight hole dynamics(the 2nd vid using a racing zone) where he compares the ball with no weight hole, then adds a small one and goes bigger and bigger and the you see the visual effects the ball has along with the increase in the flare of the ball.

My question is if the p1 position is neutral why does this have so much effect on the ball being used in the vid? My other was going to be in reference to the wizard vid on the effect of the weight hole being 2 1/4" pass the p1 location and the effects it has. It shows to be a flaring increasing weight hole and I was wondering how it compared to the p3 or p4 locations? Also has any body else used the 2 1/4 beyond pap location and your thoughts?

Where I think I partially answered my first question(while I was typing this) is that on the morich p1-p4 comparison it has all four drilled the exact same size and when you compare them to each other the p1 location is the least effective. The Brunsick vid shows no weight hole, followed by weight holes on the pap and the effects it has when they are increased. The same would be true for p1-4, but when comparing them at all the same size the p1 has some effect but is minimal when compared to the other locations?
"today I went shopping and talk is still cheap"
kidlost2000

Re: Weight hole vs weight hole vs weight hole

Post by kidlost2000 »

p1 x-hole vid

http://www.brunsnick.com/xhole2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 1/4" x-hole vid

http://www.brunsnick.com/bowling_ball_x_hole_video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JohnP
Trusted Source
Trusted Source
Positive Axis Point: 15 15/16 x 3/16
Speed: 13.5 (Qubica)
Axis Tilt: 13
Axis Rotation: 45

Post by JohnP »

Mo's teaching on gradient line balance holes is that P1 decreases strength, P2 is neutral, P3 and P4 increase strength. -- JohnP
kidlost2000

Post by kidlost2000 »

JohnP wrote:Mo's teaching on gradient line balance holes is that P1 decreases strength, P2 is neutral, P3 and P4 increase strength. -- JohnP

Right. That is what I've gone with but when you watch the effects it has on said bowling ball in the vid I wouldn't say it decreased the balls reaction. Which is why I'm curious.
trubenchoun
Preferred Company: Morich

Post by trubenchoun »

That second video is probably the best video I've seen about the X-holes. Great post.