the TRI GRIP disection

This forum is for topics related to pro shop operation and bowling center maintenance.
Usual topics include: shop gear, fitting, drilling and lane maintenance.

Moderator: Moderators

Perrin
THS Average: 195
Positive Axis Point: 6 1/4 > 1/8^
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 425
Axis Tilt: 8
Axis Rotation: 75
Medium Oil Ball: Misfit
Light Oil Ball: slingshot
Preferred Company: Brunswick

Re: the TRI GRIP disection

Post by Perrin »

J_w73 wrote: I believe the track is getting closer to the thumb hole because you are basically moving the thumb hole left and closer to the track with the tri grip modification.

So does this not work for those of use with very high tracks? I often come within 1/2" of the thumb and sometimes clip the edge.
Right handed
Speed 17 (off hand)
Rev Rate ~425
Initial Axis Rotation 70
Initial Axis Tilt 10
PAP 6 1/4 over 1/8th up
rev dominant
J_w73
THS Average: 210
Positive Axis Point: 4 3/4" over 1/4" up
Speed: 17 mph
Axis Tilt: 17
Axis Rotation: 45+
Heavy Oil Ball: Idol, Show-off
Medium Oil Ball: Venom Shock, Rhodman,
Light Oil Ball: Phobia, White Hot Badger

Post by J_w73 »

Perrin wrote:
So does this not work for those of use with very high tracks? I often come within 1/2" of the thumb and sometimes clip the edge.
good question. I can't say for sure but I used to be a really high tracker and I drilled myself up a clt ball and put the inserts inline with the clt. This essentially moved the thumb left in relation to my finger line and I would sometimes track over the thumb or above the thumb and through the grip. The tri-grip ball I had drilled lined my inserts up with my clt and did pull my track up really close to the thumb even with my new lower track release.
Right Handed, 16-17 mph off hand (14 -15 mph on Qubica reading) ,350 rpm,PAP 4 3/4 x 1/4 up, 17 deg axis tilt, varied rotational axis deg.. usually 45+
Book Average 210+
Nsane
Certified Coach
Certified Coach
THS Average: 190
Positive Axis Point: 5 3/16 - 7/8 up
Speed: 17
Rev Rate: 300
Axis Tilt: 13°
Axis Rotation: 55°
Heavy Oil Ball: Brunswick Tenacity, Radical Tremendous
Medium Oil Ball: Guru mighty,
Light Oil Ball: Motiv venom cobra
Preferred Company: Radical

Post by Nsane »

My findings with the tri-Grip layout.

After drilling it i draw a line from Thumbcenter to bridge center and measured the fit like i do always with the T-Grip with CLT. my t-grip # are thumb 30° 1/8 rev 1/8 right. The Trigrip Thumbhole was 30° 1/8 rev, 1/8 right the only difference between tri grip and my Wiki fit are the lateral fingerpitches. witch are in relation to the t-Centerline 0 and 1/4 instead of 5/16 left and 9/16 right wikifit.
My track has moved more away from Thumbhole and closer to the fingerholes wich is a product of a moved PAP. I did not measured it now. But will do it soon.
For me the difference in numbers is not so far. But the bowling feeling is other. Like stan has said. I feel the ball better when it leaves my hand. That gives me a bit more control.

With my WIKI Fit i can bowl more than 50 games without any Problems. Lets see whats about the tri-Grip!!

Thomas
Ducati what else?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice people press +